The Washington-Centerville Public Library, a busy mid-sized suburban library serving a population of
approximately 56,000 citizens in the communities of Centerville and Washington Township, is seeking a
Systems Administrator to help us fulfill our Mission and Values and demonstrate our Customer Service
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Install, configure, upgrade, perform preventative maintenance, monitor, and provide support for the ILS (Sierra) and other assigned systems.
- Design, create, develop and maintain functionality of library catalogs using vendor provided tools and other web development software.
- Develop and maintain in-house applications including, but not limited to designing databases; database administration; designing, developing and maintaining applications including web-based applications.
- Provide data and analysis of ILS, online catalog and web site usage statistics. Use analysis to guide online service development.
- Analyze information technology needs, identify priorities and develop new and improved services, policies and procedures.
- Develop improvements and efficiencies for staff and patrons including automation of tasks and statistics.
- Oversee implementation of systems and technology projects to support and meet library objectives.
- Respond to staff and patron questions and issues, providing training as needed.
- Assume other tasks as assigned.
Required Skills & Knowledge
- Associate's degree in computer-related area or MLS from an ALA accredited institution.
- Web design and development skills including programming languages, scripting languages, database management, APIs and content management systems.
- Successful management of web and/or ILS projects.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software.
- Project management and planning experience.
- Self-motivated, organized, efficient, and productive with excellent time management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Collaborative, hands-on style with exceptional follow through.
- Ability to research and apply new technology.
- Analytical problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and written/verbal skills, including the ability to explain and train “non-technical” individuals in the effective use of all relevant systems.
Compensation & Benefits
- Excellent benefits package including 10% pick-up of employee’s contribution to Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS)
- Starting pay $21.93 - $28.96 per hour (which reflects pay of $24.12 - $31.86 with OPERS pick-up)
Status/Schedule of Hours
- Non-exempt; bargaining unit position
- 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Hybrid work schedule available after successful completion of provisionary period
To be considered for this position, please submit cover letter, resume and WCPL application to:
Human Resources, SA722WP, Washington-Centerville Public Library, 111 West Spring Valley Road, Centerville,
OH 45458 or email to: HumanResources@wcpl.lib.oh.us
- WCPL Application can be found at www.wclibrary.info
All offers of employment will be contingent upon the candidate successfully completing a Bureau of Criminal Identification (BCI) fingerprint check.
Last updated: Thursday, July 14, 2022 22:43 UTC