DescriptionWeb and User Interface Librarian / Wayne State University
The Web and User Interface Librarian works in the Discovery Services Team under the supervision of the Associate Director for Discovery Services. This individual will collaborate with a wide range of library units to develop the next generation of fully integrated and engaging online library experiences.
Essential Job Functions:
• Create effective user interfaces for a wide range of library systems.
• Develop page, template and element designs in line with WSU Library System and University branding.
• Assist in the planning, deployment, and management of a new employee intranet portal and document management system.
• Assist in the management and continued development of library system LibGuides, and provide technical support for content creation.
• Provide design guidance to the Discovery Services and Digital Publishing Teams for a wide range of web properties.
• Integrate new content for the library website and related systems.
• Create graphics, images, photographs, videos and other media to support content development.
• Promote interface integration among library systems, such as the library discovery layers, interlibrary loan, websites, digital collection systems, and with campus-wide systems.
• Work with a wide range of stakeholders to iteratively test and develop user interfaces with key user groups.
• Participate in library teams and special projects related to library discovery, digital publishing, and user experience testing.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA- accredited library school.
• Demonstrated design experience in a variety of digital formats, such as web pages, discovery systems, and mobile interfaces.
• Knowledge and experience with mobile web development, notably responsive web design techniques.
• Undergraduate degree concentration or equivalent experience that demonstrates abilities in web development and mobile web development.
• Minimum one year of experience and/or formal training in Web/multimedia development.
• Experience with UNIX/Linux/OSX operating systems and the LAMP environment.
• Highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of passive usability tools, such as log analysis and website analytics systems.
• Experience working with content management systems, such as Drupal, Wordpress.
• Experience working with and theming digital content platforms, such as Omeka, DLXS, etc.
• Knowledge of Agile development methodologies.
How to apply
Published: Thursday, January 3, 2013 19:00 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:46 UTC