Associate Director of Instruction and Research
Georgia College & State University — Milledgeville
0 other recent jobs
Created: January 5, 2013
DescriptionJob Summary/Basic Function:
- Establishes procedures and recommends policy for efficient operation of the Instruction and Research Services unit, including all aspects of instruction, government documents, collection development and research.
- Provides vision and leadership for the following areas: integration of new technologies into delivery of information services; staffing, assessment, training and educational opportunities related to departmental activities; promotion and assessment of the library instruction program.
- Assists and advises the Library Director and the Library's Management Council in monitoring the Library's budget and expenditures; makes recommendations that identify materials, equipment, supplies, personnel, and other needs for the overall LITC budget.
- Participates in a range of departmental activities, including the library's current walk-in and consultative research services, and the library instruction program.
- Understands and maintains a level of expertise in information literacy and library instruction and maintains an expert knowledge of resources and services appropriate to the position.
- Develops library collections appropriately based upon the curriculum; consults and collaborates with academic representatives for collection requests; makes recommendations for collection management of library materials in all formats.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple work assignments, meet deadlines, and prioritize work in alignment with the service goals of the Library and University.
- Ability to work collegially and effectively with diverse constituencies, including University students, faculty, staff, and the surrounding community.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with emerging library technologies and best practices related to research and instruction services.
- Ability to teach a broad spectrum of library instruction classes.
- Knowledge of pertinent resources and services.
- GC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution committed to cultural, racial, and ethnic communities. We promote equal employment opportunities regardless of race, religion, color, gender, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity. It is expected that successful candidates share these commitments.
- ALA-accredited MLS/MLIS
- 5 years experience working in an instruction and reference/research department
- Subject master's degree
- Supervisory experience
- Demonstrated experience with project management
How to apply
Published: Saturday, January 5, 2013 18:44 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:46 UTC