McGoogan Health Sciences Library
Coordinates and delivers the library’s services for research data management, data curation, data visualization, and data literacy. Oversee the continued development of a portfolio to support UNMC researchers. The position liaises with the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research, UNMC units that support researchers, and researcher teams at UNMC.
- Consult with research teams on research data management, data curation, and data visualization.
- Assist researchers in complying with funder mandates (e.g. 2023 NIH Data Sharing Policy), creating data management plans, and identifying local experts.
- Review datasets to assess curation needs, make recommendations to maximize the value of the data, and implement these recommendations in collaboration with researchers and library staff. Advise on data documentation strategies and use of metadata schemas.
- Assist users with locating datasets.
- Contribute to the library’s strategic planning, assessment, and promotion for data services areas.
- Promote McGoogan Library’s role in supporting researchers.
- Collaborate with clinicians, educators, students, library faculty, and community partners to develop and implement strategies for data literacy at UNMC.
- Collaborate with other library staff to develop and promote a robust and cohesive data services program.
How to apply
Published: Thursday, July 7, 2022 02:03 UTC
Last updated: Thursday, July 7, 2022 02:03 UTC