Job ID: 17500
Come work with us and be part of a fun, innovative, service oriented team! We have a great opportunity as the Head of Digital Initiatives, Tisch Library, Tufts University.
The Head of Digital Initiatives leads the management and preservation of Tisch Library’s digital collections, ensuring that content and associated metadata is managed effectively across all library repositories, and aligning staff resources to support digital initiatives. The successful candidate will be an active individual contributor possessing the technical expertise required to manage the various modes used to create and manage content and metadata in the Tufts Digital Repository. They will provide integrated management across the library’s repositories, cultivating teamwork and collaborative relationships to ensure that the management of resources is standards-based, interoperable and discoverable, facilitating scholarship at Tufts.
The successful candidate will:
- Lead the strategic direction for the Digital Initiatives Department. Build and communicate a shared vision that aligns with division, library and university priorities.
- Provide the technical expertise required for the creation and management of content and metadata in the Tufts Digital Repository (TDR).
- In collaboration with the Head of Metadata Services, provide a holistic approach to the management and interoperability of data and metadata in all repositories including Alma/Primo, Tufts Digital Repository, Dataverse, OCLC, HathiTrust, etc.
- Set policies and procedures for the management of content added to the Tufts Digital Repository (TDR) and the repository for Research Data (currently Dataverse) for Tisch Library.
- Develop a robust digital preservation program for the Libraries.
- Foster collaborative partnerships with staff across Tufts libraries and with TTS and DCA, providing leadership and effective management of repository content.
Salary Range: $85,000-$95,000.
The full job description is available online at: https://jobs.tufts.edu/jobs/17500?lang=en-us
Follow the directions to submit your CV/resume and cover letter online. Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds. Please see the Tufts University non-discrimination statement.
About Tisch Library:
Tisch Library supports three Tufts’ Schools – Arts & Sciences, Engineering, and the School of the Museum of Fine Arts – providing collections, expertise, and technology-rich environments to assist the Tufts community in teaching, learning, research, and the creation and dissemination of scholarship.
About Tufts University:
Tufts is a student-centered research university dedicated to the creation and application of knowledge. We are committed to providing transformational experiences for students and faculty in an inclusive and collaborative environment where creative scholars generate bold ideas, innovate in the face of complex challenges and distinguish themselves as active citizens of the world.
Last updated: Friday, July 1, 2022 02:35 UTC