The Digital Scholarship Librarian provides strategic leadership for Digital Scholarship across all disciplines. Experienced with digital pedagogy and technology, they are responsible for building and sustaining an infrastructure for a dynamic digital scholarship program and collaborating with faculty, students, and campus partners. They facilitate the successful adoption and application of digital approaches to teaching, learning, and research, develop sustainable and scalable digital resources, and explore emerging and existing technologies which enable the use of digital content.
Reporting to the Head of Research and Instruction, the DS librarian is a valued member of the Research + Instruction department. They provide program oversight and manage a portfolio of digital scholarship projects in close collaboration with library colleagues, ITS academic technologists and TriCollege partners. They are responsible for co-managing and sustaining the LibLab Fellows Program, a co-curricular program that provides opportunities for students to develop critical digital literacy while building and supporting digital scholarship projects. The ideal candidate will bring their expertise to a team of library professionals and academic technologists that is committed to meeting people where they are in a concerted approach to realizing their digital scholarship vision.
- Provides strategic leadership for the College’s digital scholarship program and develops the policy, procedural and technical infrastructure to support the program.
- Develops and maintains an identity and vision for digital scholarship at Swarthmore through various activities including outreach to faculty, teaching, and a dynamic web presence.
- Collaborates with appropriate ITS staff including Academic Technologists and web developers to build a robust environment for digital scholarship.
- Serves as the point person for faculty and students interested in exploring the use of digital scholarship methods and tools. Triages projects and brings most appropriate personnel to the tasks.
- Identifies relevant best practices and standards in digital scholarship technologies.
- Participates in the digital scholarship working group of the TriCollege Consortium.
- Co-manages the LibLab Fellowship
- Development, maintenance and preservation of digital scholarship projects
- Partners with faculty in identifying projects to support their teaching and research, and evaluates feasibility of the projects.
- Provides consultation, technical support, and project management for the development and implementation of technology rich scholarly projects and supports the use of digital tools and technologies.
- Consults with students on their own digital scholarship projects.
- May provide some consultation and research assistance to faculty and students in subject areas of interest or expertise.
- Project management skills and experience in overseeing technology-based projects
- Demonstrated knowledge of emerging trends in digital scholarship
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages and HTML / CSS
- Experience building and maintaining cross-campus connections and initiatives
- Familiarity with data visualization tools and techniques
- Actively seeks out opportunities for professional growth
- ALA-accredited MLS or MLIS degree, or MA with significant experience in digital humanities
- Experience in academic or library services including digital scholarship/digital humanities.
For full consideration, submit applications including resume and cover letter with pay expectations by July 31, 2022. Postision Open until filled
How to apply
Published: Friday, July 1, 2022 02:36 UTC
Last updated: Friday, July 1, 2022 02:36 UTC