Collections and E-Services Librarian
The Collection and E-Services Librarian leads the Technical Services department for the Capital University Law Library. Working closely with the Technical Services team at Blackmore Library, the Collection and E-Services Librarian oversees the Law Library's print and electronic collection, the Law Library's portion of the shared catalog, and the Law Library's acquisition process. This position manages one full-time position, with the possibility of adding student workers for special projects.
- Maintain Law School portion of shared catalog, including adding or removing records, importing and modifying purchased records, determining collection locations, updating records, basic cataloging, and similar tasks.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of ILS software as necessary; answer ILS questions for other Law Library staff; liaise with Blackmore Cataloger regarding ILS issues, attend workshops and training events relative to software updates and changes.
- Monitor all activities in Technical Services Department; set and monitor goals for the department; provide training to staff; answer questions; and resolve problems.
- Supervise the Law Library Coordinator, including assigning work, overseeing work product, and drafting performance reviews. The Law Library Coordinator has some non-Technical Services duties, which will need to be coordinated with the Access Services and Reference Law Librarian and the Law Library Director. May also supervise student workers working on special projects for the Law Library Technical Services Department.
- Serve as liaison from the Law Library's Technical Services Department to the main campus' Blackmore Library Technical Services Department; work with Blackmore Library staff to provide consistency in shared online catalog; maintain good relationships. Oversee and participate in the maintenance of the physical collection.
- Oversee Law Library spending and budgeting, including maintaining financial records in the ILS and reconciling them with the University budget system.
- Acquire physical and electronic materials for the law library and work with the Law Library Coordinator to process the payments. Maintain excellent relationships with law library vendors. Resolve billing or ordering issues. Make product inquiries. Maintain up-to-date list of contacts. Place or cancel orders and subscriptions.
- Engage in professional development in local and regional library and information organizations. Compile statistics and provide reports as requested. Participate in collection development decisions.
- The Collection and E-Services Librarian position supervises one full-time employee, the Law Library Coordinator, as part of leading the Technical Services department. The Collection and E-Services Librarian may also supervise student workers when they are needed for special projects for the Technical Services department.
- M.L.S. and at least 3 - 5 years of experience working as a librarian in a Technical Services role. Experience with in a law library or a J.D./legal degree preferred.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and the ability to learn Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Publisher, Innovative Interfaces, Inc.'s Sierra integrated library system, GOBI acquisition system, and Capital University acquisition system.
- Ability to work closely and professionally with others as part of a team; be flexible; pay attention to detail; work without supervision and demonstration considerable initiative; communicate professionally through verbal and written means; work well with men and women from diverse backgrounds; manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines; establish departmental goals and priorities; perform advanced supervisory responsibilities; contribute to Capital University's philosophy, strategic plan, goals, and doctrine.
REQUIRED: Cover Letter and Resume
Any questions may be directed to:
Jennifer L. Wondracek
Director of the Law Library
Professor of Legal Research & Writing
Capital University Law School
303 East Broad St. ‖ Columbus, Ohio 43215
email@example.com ‖ (614) 236-6448
How to apply
Published: Thursday, June 23, 2022 18:18 UTC
Last updated: Thursday, June 23, 2022 18:18 UTC