A job posting is currently open at Georgia Southern University Libraries in the Libraries Systems and Technologies department: Network Services Specialist, Lead.
This role has a focus on web content curation, and scoping/preparing statistics on behalf of the libraries.
To see the posting, click to https://jobs.georgiasouthern.edu/employment-opportunities/ . Click "Search Careers in OneUSG Connect" under the heading "Staff, Student and Temporary Openings". Then click "View All Jobs" and search for position no. "244936".
Or click direct to https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=244936&PostingSeq=1 .
The posting will be open through July 6, 2022. This position is located in Statesboro, GA.
A copy of the full job posting is below:
Network Services Specialist, Lead
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America’s Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
0170101 - Library General Operations
Reporting to the Head of Libraries Systems and Technologies at Henderson Library on the Statesboro campus, the person in this position works in three main areas: Managing the libraries' web content, including change management and working across the organization to implement a cohesive web presence across multiple web platforms. Statistical work in support of the libraries, including gathering needs from other libraries units, assessing existing statistical reports, and scoping new reports as needed. This position also provides backup for libraries systems, including cross training on the ILS, other libraries systems such as EZProxy, and providing backup ownership for the Automated Retrieval Center (ARC).
Due to the Governor's approval for the Cost of Living Adjustment to Fiscal Years 2022 and 2023, final salaries at the time of hire may be impacted, but will not be lower than what is advertised.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Continually explore, assess, and implement new technologies
- Opportunity to work with Makerspace technologies, such as 3D printing, and implement new technologies
- Review all library web presences (website, LibGuides, social media) for overlapping or outdated content. Talk to the library departments regarding combining, revising, and updating content. Continually work to ensure web content is accurate, up-to-date, and easy to locate and navigate
- Work with statistics. Meet with libraries departments and employees regarding statistical needs, look at existing data and reports, assist in connecting libraries departments and employees to appropriate statistical information, and scope new reports as necessary
- Provide back up coverage for the Automated Retrieval Center (ARC), including becoming familiar with Georgia Southern's installation regarding maintenance history, parts, physical locations of equipment, and vendor relationships. Cultivate relationships on campus with Information Technology Services and Facilities Services in support of the ARC
- Provide back up coverage for various systems, including the ILS, EZproxy, ILLiad, and other systems
- Assist in web design as appropriate, including adjusting the look and feel of various web presences
- Assess web content created by employees across the libraries. Identify training needs within the libraries, and implement training to libraries employees based on needs. Recommend resources related to accessibility to libraries employees working with web content on Springshare and other platforms
- Participate in and/or lead committees and working groups within the libraries related to core job duties
- Assist in managing user accounts on a variety of platforms, including service requests, scoping user permissions, and troubleshooting access issues
- Bachelor's degree
- Three (3) or more years of related work experience
- Demonstrable experience working with stakeholders in support of technology
- Experience working with web content ultimately owned and controlled by others, and leading through strong communication
- Experience with statistical analysis and data, including Excel, spreadsheets, data visualization, or statistics
- Library or teaching background
- Experience with web design including css and content management systems
- Experience scoping user permissions
- Experience with troubleshooting technology issues in complex systems
- Experience using online platforms such as Zoom, learning management systems, and video creation software
- Experience using the Springhare platform and statistics
Required Documents to Attach
- Please provide three (3) professional references in the Required Documents to Attach section of your application.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Ability to work well in a diverse and inclusive environment through commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases
- Ability engage with institutional student success initiatives
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Knowledge of library metadata
- Knowledge of technologies used to access electronic resources
- Knowledge of visual communication and/or graphic design
- Effective communication (verbal and written), organizational and human relations skills
Apply Before Date
July 6, 2022
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Legally authorized to work in the United States for the duration of employment without assistance from the University.
Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
Standard and Education
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work performed in various environments
- May be required to work in confined spaces
- Workweek may occasionally extend beyond 40 hours to evenings and weekends
- May be required to travel
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University’s academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To see the posting, click to https://jobs.georgiasouthern.edu/employment-opportunities/ . Click "Search Careers in OneUSG Connect" under the heading "Staff, Student and Temporary Openings". Then click "View All Jobs" and search for position no. "244936". Or click direct to https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=244936&PostingSeq=1 .
How to apply
Head of Libraries Systems and Technologies
PO Box 8074
Statesboro, GA 30460-8074
Published: Monday, June 20, 2022 20:30 UTC
Last updated: Monday, June 20, 2022 20:30 UTC