Equinox Open Library Initiative is looking for a Front End Developer to join our team! We are seeking a creative and motivated individual with experience developing and implementing user-friendly websites, interfaces, and applications. Do you have a portfolio of exciting, engaging, and intuitive projects? Are you passionate about open source technologies and libraries? Apply today!
The Front End Developer is responsible for developing websites, interfaces, and applications across Equinox's products and services. This person will create and maintain visually appealing, responsive, and accessible interfaces featuring user-friendly design, clear navigation, and optimal user experience.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated, collaborative, and demonstrate the ability to successfully complete projects and meet deadlines with efficiency, skill, and attention to detail.
- Responsible for developing front end projects across multiple platforms. Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance and optimize the user experience. Project examples include: Building and improving websites and applications, migrating interfaces across frameworks, preparing patches for submission to open source communities, UI/UX consulting and testing, creating and implementing technical designs.
- Perform QA, UX, and accessibility tests and use tools to evaluate and monitor performance. Create internal and external reports and provide progress updates.
- Work with product, design, and community partners to design projects which support user needs and workflows. Participate in open source communities and professional activities. Write and/or review end-user documentation and contribute to educational resources.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues, clients, and partners. Actively contribute ideas, creative projects, innovations, and feedback as a member of Equinox's development team. May supervise and/or coordinate work with subcontractors.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 - 5 years of experience working in a similar position with a portfolio of relevant projects
- Ability to meet design specifications, create and/or follow instructions and wireframes, demonstrate close attention to detail, work iteratively, and give and receive feedback
- Ability to manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment and prioritize effectively
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and quickly learn new technologies and frameworks
- Experience with modern version control, testing, and continuous integration practices
- Effective communication skills, in person, by phone and email, and via remote platforms
- Demonstrated ability to manage work assignments within project scope and on schedule
Experience with the following technologies and frameworks:
- JSON and XML-based web services
- Experience developing open source projects and participating in open source communities
- Experience working on accessible projects and accessibility remediation
- Experience presenting and developing resources related to UI/UX
- Experience working as a member of a remote organization
- Experience working in a library technology role or with library clients
Published: Thursday, June 16, 2022 17:09 UTC
Last updated: Thursday, June 16, 2022 17:09 UTC