ASU Library seeks a dynamic Metadata Librarian to enhance access and discovery to the Library’s digital collections and specialized resources. Reporting to the Head of Acquisitions and Metadata Services, the incumbent works collaboratively with staff in Community-Driven Archives, Labriola National American Indian Data Center, rare books and manuscripts, repository services, and other stakeholders within and outside the Library to develop workflows and coordinate metadata projects for a variety of Library and University resources. In addition to metadata creation, remediation and maintenance responsibilities, the Metadata Librarian provides training to unit and other Library staff, participates in professional contribution and service activities, and maintains a high-level working knowledge of national and international theory and practice pertaining to metadata management and resource description. This is an excellent growth opportunity for an early career librarian who enjoys a team-based approach to user services and applying contemporary metadata standards and practices to ASU Library’s unique collections.
● Master’s degree in library and/or information science from an American Library Association accredited program or equivalent advanced degree.
● A statement addressing how your past and/or potential contributions to social justice, diversity, equity and/or inclusion will advance ASU Library’s commitment to inclusive excellence.
● Cataloging and/or metadata experience.
● Experience with RDA, AACR2, MARC, LCSH, LC Classification, MODS, EAD, Dublin Core, DCRM(B), DACS, and/or CCO.
● Experience with Open Refine, MARC Edit and/or other metadata management utilities.
● Knowledge of emerging practices related to linked data, RDF, and/or BIBFRAME.
● Experience with transformation tools and scripting languages such as Python, XSLT, and/or XML, etc.
● Experience in remediating, migrating, and/or transforming metadata.
● Knowledge of authority control processes and NACO.
● Experience with OCLC or a similar utility and its practice.
● Training experience.
● Supervisory and/or management experience.
● Reading knowledge of one or more languages other than English.
Salary and Rank: This is a continuing track Academic Professional position; Assistant/Associate Librarian and salary dependent upon experience.
Application Procedures: This is a paperless search; only electronic materials will be accepted. To apply, please submit electronically to http://apply.interfolio.com/107470 the following: A cover letter, comprehensive vita or resume, and names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of 3 recent professional references. No paper applications, faxes or emails will be accepted.
The applicant’s last name should appear in each uploaded file name. Questions about the position should be directed to the search committee chair at: Daniel.Jergovic@asu.edu. Application deadline is July 15, 2022. Applications will continue to be accepted on a rolling basis for a reserve pool. Applications in the reserve pool may then be reviewed in the order in which they were received until position is filled.
Other Information: Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States. A background check is required for employment. For more information regarding ASU, visit our website: www.asu.edu. For more information about the Phoenix metropolitan area, please visit www.visitarizona.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Last updated: Monday, June 13, 2022 21:07 UTC