The Data Analysis Specialist for Library Analytics is a dynamic partner in helping ASU Library improve its operations and overall effectiveness through data-informed decision making. Reporting to the Lead for Library Analytics, the Data Analysis Specialist participates in, supports, and prepares data analyses and reports for business decision-making, strategic planning, and process improvement. This position works closely with stakeholders across the University and the Library to realize the goals of the Library Analytics program.
- Coordinates the Library’s required and voluntary reporting.
- Recommends approaches to identifying, collecting, interpreting, analyzing, and communicating with data to inform decision-making using data analysis techniques and effective reporting strategies
- Identifies, collects, organizes, synthesizes, and analyzes data, summarizes findings, and develops conclusions and recommendations.
- Utilizes various computer programs and software to perform data computation, statistical analysis, and other data manipulation activities.
- Assists in preparing presentations to stakeholders and university administration.
- Assists with the development of long-and short-range data analysis goals for the Library.
- Experience with creating interactive data analysis dashboards in Tableau or with similar tools.
- Experience with relational databases (SQL).
- Experience with data cleanup and manipulation tools such as Alteryx or Open Refine.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across multiple teams.
- Knowledge of process improvement frameworks.
- Experience working in higher education and/or libraries.
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, June 7, 2022 19:23 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, June 7, 2022 19:23 UTC