DescriptionElectronic Resources & Serials Management Librarian (Instructor or Assistant Professor)
Job ID: 7319
Department: Mina Rees Library
Compensation: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Faculty Vacancy Announcement
Works in collaboration with library staff under the direction of the Associate Librarian for Collection Management to provide responsive, effective, and evolving coordination of electronic resource and serials collecting and management.
Electronic Resources & Serials Management
- In collaboration with the Associate Librarian for Collection Management, manages electronic resource and serials acquisition, licensing, presentation and assessment; solves problems with electronic resources identified by staff and library users; develops workflow, best practices, and documentation to manage electronic and serial resources.
- Gathers statistics for assessment of electronic resources.
- Configures and customizes subscription-based databases.
- Manages Serial Solutions and other subscription management services.
- May supervise 1 or more FTE full-time or part-time staff plus library interns.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Staffs the library reference desk and performs virtual reference.
- Serves as liaison and reference/instruction librarian for assigned departments.
- Provides classroom and workshop instruction in person and online.
- Maintains professional currency in resources management.
- Produces scholarly research and provides academic service in accordance with the library's tenure and promotion criteria.
- MLS degree from an accredited institution; second Master's degree in any discipline required for appointment at the Assistant Professor level
- 2+ years academic library experience
- High level skill using Microsoft Excel, Access or other data management software
- Experience using an integrated library system
- Demonstrated knowledge of tools and issues relevant to electronic resource and serials management
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with an openURL resolver
- Familiarity with content management systems
- Working knowledge of Spanish or French
- Experience with GIS
- Expertise in any statistical data software package
How to Apply:
Send resume, cover letter, and the names of and contact information for three professional references to: email@example.com .
Position: Open until filled. Review of applications begins January 31, 2013.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:46 UTC