Freedom of the Press Foundation (FPF), a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting, defending and empowering public-interest journalism, is looking for a part-time software developer to improve Dangerzone, a tool for sanitizing documents in electronic file formats.
All proposals should suggest a schedule describing fees and hours. The contractor will be paid consistent with that schedule, invoiced monthly. FPF is prepared to allocate a fixed budget of $40,000 to this initial contract. The contractor will need to cover all legally required deductions, taxes and benefits out of this amount.
The contract will commence on a mutually agreeable date no later than July 18, 2022 for an initial duration of 6 months.
Scope of Work
- Make technical improvements to the Dangerzone software in coordination with its lead developer, including but not limited to:
- Bugfixes for known issues
- Improvements to test coverage and test automation
- Support for bulk document conversion
- User experience improvements
- Review code contributions by volunteers
- Research opportunities and challenges for integrating with the Qubes OS-based SecureDrop Workstation
- Participate in needs-finding research with journalists and other newsroom staff
- Experience working on Python-based open source projects
- Experience with Docker-based container management
- Familiarity with virtualization in general and Qubes OS in particular is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Please apply here: https://grnh.se/3705f54f5us
Last updated: Friday, June 3, 2022 16:29 UTC