Digital Services Librarian
Created: December 27, 2012
Monterey Peninsula College Monterey0 other recent jobs
DescriptionUnder direction of the Library Division Chair, and in coordination with the other faculty librarians, the successful candidate will be responsible for the leadership, planning, and management of online library resources. The position may include hiring and supervising classified staff and students. Assignments may include both day and evening courses at the Monterey campus or Marina Education Center, as well as on-line instruction.
Example of Duties:
- As a fulltime faculty member in the Library, the successful candidate will also
- Collaborate with librarians and other faculty to identify, evaluate and integrate online resources and multimedia application in support of campus teaching and learning.
- Provide expertise in the maintenance of the library website
- Provide instruction and training for faculty, staff and students in information technology, research skills and information competency.
- Manage the acquisitions process by which licensed resources are ordered, received and processed.
- Provide reference services.
- Participate in curriculum development as assigned.
- Participate in information competency and literacy instruction, including single class sessions, a series of multiple sessions for a particular class and semester-length course, both face-to-face and online.
- Work with academic divisions to share information and keep collections current.
- Work with regional libraries to share resources and information.
- Carry out collegial responsibilities including but not limited to institutional committee assignments and participation in shared governance committees and campus committees.
- Communicate well verbally and in writing, and works cooperatively with colleagues (within discipline and college-wide), students and community members.
- Pursue continuous professional development activities and remains current in the field through course work, conferences, workshops, and other appropriate means.
- Perform duties described in Board policy, the Faculty Handbook, and the MPCTA Contract as assigned at the Monterey campus, the Education Center at Marina, and/or other designated locations.
- Perfrm other duties as needed.
- Assess and learn new tools associated with online resources.
- May train and supervise staff working with online resources.
- Teach short-term and semester-length courses in both online and face-to-face instructional formats, as assigned.
- Provide Reference Services, as scheduled.
- Demonstrated ability to teach at the community college level;
- Demonstrated knowledge in the subject area;
- Knowledge of and commitment to community college teaching;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work with community groups and campus organizations;
- Effective oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to meet the needs of community college learners with diverse backgrounds and a wide range of skills and goals.
- Three years of professional experience in an academic library or relevant comparable environment.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and implementing technology in support of library services.
- Experience teaching library and information courses and/or credit instruction.
- Experience using word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation technology in an instructional environment.
- Experience teaching online and familiarity with one or more course management systems.
- Demonstrated experience implementing Web 2.0 and emerging technologies.
- Experience with Electronic Resources Management (ERM) tools.
- Experience with both synchronous and asynchronous instruction.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:46 UTC
How to apply
Published: Thursday, December 27, 2012 21:19 UTC