The New York Public Library (NYPL) is looking for a Director, Digital Products to join the NYPL Digital Department to lead and manage a team of product managers who are creating web and mobile app products that connect patrons to NYPL’s rich and unique collection and catalogs, and services. Reporting to the Senior Director of Digital Products, Design and User experience, this role is responsible for leading a small, dynamic team as they create complex, multi-disciplinary, products across NYPL’s digital product portfolio.
NYPL Digital is committed to creating high-quality digital products that deliver to the mission of the library while remaining ever vigilant to narrowing the digital divide. Our products are safe digital spaces free from surveillance, centered around patron need, security, and the freedom to learn, explore, and access knowledge freely. The products we create integrate into, complement, and support both digital and physical Library systems and services and enable the Library to be for everyone.
The Digital Product Team delivers its work across 4 Digital Portfolios, each with multiple products that work in service to both our circulation branches and research branches.
- The Digital Asset Management (DAM) portfolio is centered on staff tools, digital rights management, and patron access to our unique digital collections.
- The Library Services Platform (LSP) portfolio is focused on our catalogs for circulation and our research collections, as well as identity management. A key initiative within that portfolio is a multi-year long project on unifying all of the data from our multiple catalogs and collections into one unified, easy to use, discovery platform.
- The eReading Portfolio focuses on 3 of our major digital reading products: SimplyE, Open eBooks, and Digital Research Books. There, we are concerned both with the strategic impact of eReading materials as they pertain to the business of the library sector, as well as providing a safe, and library “reading room” experience to digital reading.
- Digital Experience Portfolio (DXP) is focused on redesigning our NYPL.org experience so that it is an easier, friendlier, experience for our patrons, and will focus on understanding and servicing our broad user base.
The Director of Product is directly accountable to the Senior Director of Digital Products, Design and UX for:
- Establishing NYPL's Digital product strategy, user experience, core metrics, and roadmap.
- Aligning shared initiatives, shaping and scoping projects, and developing clear, measurable and achievable outcomes in line with business goals.
- Proposing changes to a broad range of Library policies to enable continuous improvement to processes and to facilitate innovation
Last updated: Wednesday, April 27, 2022 19:53 UTC