Exploration Commons Manager
37.5 hours per week
$67,197 annually plus benefits
Must be able to work day, evening, and weekend hours.
Location: Exploration Commons at 50 East
Are you enthusiastic about learning new things and teaching others? Are you looking to be a member of a customer service-oriented team that will help our community achieve their professional, educational, and personal goals?
Join our team! Carroll County Public Library’s new location, Exploration Commons at 50 East (https://explorationcommons.carr.org), is seeking an experienced manager who is passionate about modern technologies and/or sharing the culinary arts. As Exploration Commons Manager, you will lead the staff to create and implement trainings and programs for a thriving maker and culinary community in our innovative, state of the art makerspace and commercial teaching kitchen. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated leader, able to work independently as well as with a team, be focused on providing superior customer service, and able to learn and share recent technologies and skills.
As the Exploration Commons Manager, you will ensure the efficient operation of Exploration Commons. This includes the management of daily operations, planning and preparation of classes in the makerspace, teaching kitchen and managing the meeting room resources. You will work closely with educational, workforce development, and other community partners to develop content; actively seek out new partnerships and represent Exploration Commons in the community.
1. Bachelor's Degree in related field, Master's Degree highly desired;
2. Two or more years professional makerspace or teaching kitchen experience, including at least one year of supervisory experience;
3. Instructional experience preferred;
4. Proficient with design software (Adobe Creative Cloud and Autodesk);
5. Familiar with makerspace and/or kitchen equipment;
6. Highly effective communicator via email, telephone, and in person; and,
7. Equivalent technical training, education, and experience will be considered.
How to Apply:
Applications must be received by 11:59 pm on Thursday, May 12, 2022. Applications must be submitted online at https://library.carr.org/careers/careers.aspx.
Carroll County Public Library highly encourages applicants to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire.
Last updated: Friday, April 22, 2022 20:05 UTC