POSITION REPORTS TO: Director of Customer Care
Be responsible for providing first line IT and Product support to our customers, providing timely, appropriate, and effective solutions to IT and Product issues in line with customer and business expectations. You will, as required, be called upon to assist the colleagues with projects across Europe.
- Bachelor of Science or an apprenticeship in computer science, information technology, or equivalent technical training or experience
- Ability to pro-actively manage concurrent application and hosting support cases, submitted by clients, to a successful resolution as well as maintain good client relationships.
- Skilled in latest versions of Microsoft Windows OS configuration; SQL Server configuration and administration, writing and troubleshooting scripts; Microsoft Active Directory, relational database principals, and ability to quickly learn new software applications.
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving, verbal and written communication skills.
- Several years’ experience in an IT Helpdesk/Support, working in an information management or collection management-related role in a cultural heritage organization.
- Experience of supporting virtual environments, running software applications, including domain account management; creation of backups and snapshots.
- Experience working in AWS, Microsoft Azure and other similar cloud environments.
- Preferred: experience with PowerShell.
- Providing prompt responses to Customer queries or issues received via phone, web meeting, email, and web portal ticket system.
- Assessing Customer technical issues and providing solutions so that the ticket can be closed (or escalated).
- Escalating complex or unresolved queries or issues to colleagues and managers providing all relevant information e.g. steps taken to try to resolve query or issue, communication with the Customer, Customer expectations regarding resolution, etc.
- Updating Gallery Systems documentation and knowledge resources that provide Customer guidance and reduce creation of tickets.
- Providing guidance to clients on hardware and network requirements, as well as general configuration of Gallery Systems’ products.
- Assist in monitoring network events, anticipating potential problems, and communicating and collaborating with colleagues, as required.
- Joining our implementation teams to deliver projects.
- 100 % Remote in Europe, Germany
- Verbal and written fluency in English and German, Spanish desired
Founded in 1981, Gallery Systems began with a simple idea. That idea was to create a versatile software for those caring for cultural heritage materials, allowing them to better manage and share their collections and archives. Since then, Gallery Systems has developed an interwoven suite of collections management solutions and partnered with the world’s most elite museums cultural and institutions.
For almost 40 years, we’ve upheld our reputation as an industry leading collections management software company. Over 30 different types of collections and collecting disciplines are supported by our versatile, user-friendly software. Our global clients range from world-class museums to corporations, academic institutions, and private collectors. We are dedicated to helping our clients constantly improve the way they manage and share their collections with their communities. Gallery Systems supports more than 800 clients in over 31 countries worldwide – and we continue to grow.
Come grow and have fun with us, Gallery Systems is hiring! If you are passionate about fine art, antiquities or natural history come join a company that will allow you to marry your passion with your career. We offer a flexible remote work schedule, competitive salaries, benefits, paid time off, an annual bonus and continual career growth and advancement opportunities.
Gallery Systems is an equal opportunity employer, we recruit, hire, train, promote and provide all other privileges of employment to qualified people without regard to age, race, color, creed, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, disability, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, ethnicity, familial status, religion, sexual orientation, or any other classification for which discrimination is prohibited.
Last updated: Friday, April 15, 2022 14:37 UTC