Work for the IMF. Work for the World.
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) seeks a professional with expertise in information management, particularly managing access to market data and information resources to join its Library team located in Washington, D.C. The IMF Library serves the information and data needs of the IMF and the World Bank Group (WBG).
The Library’s functional services span three teams: one with responsibilities for negotiating and licensing of resources (Content Development team), the second with responsibility for research services and client engagement (Client Services team), and the third (Library Operations team), for which this position is being recruited, manages the Library’s technology infrastructure and provides technical support to enable discovery and access to information resources and market data.
Reporting to the Senior Librarian in charge of the Library Operations team and working collaboratively with the other functional areas of the Library, the Digital Services Librarian participates in the planning and development of library technology initiatives to optimize user experiences and provide seamless discovery of and access to market data and information resources.
The primary responsibilities include providing technical expertise to manage the IMF and WBG’s growing commercial data feeds initiative, utilizing data analytics to maximize data-driven decision making for the allocation of library resources, and working with stakeholders to provide functional expertise for systems and content integration. The job also involves technical troubleshooting related to library systems and applications.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Digital Services Librarian is part of a team of highly motivated and dynamic librarians that are committed to providing best in class service to both IMF and World Bank Group staff and enabling both organizations to better serve the needs of their member countries. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide technical guidance and integration solutions for licensed data and information resources. Work with internal IMF/World Bank Group stakeholders to develop efficient use of commercial data feeds and advise on best practices.
- Serve as a liaison between commercial data providers and internal stakeholders and translate user requirements into implementation plans.
- Support, monitor, and troubleshoot existing data and information resources. Evaluate emerging technologies to identify opportunities for optimization and seamless access.
- Collect and analyze usage data for disparate sources and streamline data into user-friendly dashboards to help detect trends, make informed retention decisions, and inform technical initiatives for the future.
- Provide technical assistance to the Client Services Team to plan, develop, and expand the Library’s bibliometric program.
- Support content or system integration to improve findability and accessibility. Utilize technology to design additional tools or programs to automate workflows for efficiency and productivity.
- Respond to World Bank Group, IMF, and Library Network staff's inquiries on the Library Systems Support Helpdesk, troubleshoot access or authentication problems, and follow up with vendor support staff as needed.
- Provide backup support to the Systems Librarian in managing the Integrated Library Systems and other related applications.
The ideal candidate should have:
- A Master’s degree in information science or computer science or equivalent degree in a related field. Alternately, a bachelor’s degree supplemented by a minimum of six years of relevant professional experience.
- Expertise in market data management and implementing infrastructure solutions for the delivery and access of data feeds. Strong knowledge of equity and fixed income data, including Bloomberg, Refinitiv, S&P Global, etc.
- Thorough understanding and practical experience with APIs, experience with JSON, XML, XSLT, and web services.
- Strong analytical skills, experience using statistical packages and familiarity using data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, and the ability to communicate technical information to clients at all levels.
- Able to work in a fast-paced multi-cultural environment with an emphasis on meeting client needs and deadlines.
Preferred skills and experiences include:
- Domain knowledge of macroeconomic and financial theories and methods would be an asset.
- Experience with the library technologies including Alma/Primo (Ex Libris, Inc), EZProxy, Open Athens.
CSFDGLO Corporate Services & Facilities Dept General Services Library Operations Section
How to apply
Published: Thursday, April 7, 2022 23:09 UTC
Last updated: Thursday, April 7, 2022 23:09 UTC