The Electronic Resources Librarian will oversee the curation, budgeting, training, technical support, and maintenance of subscription online resources for learning and research.
Reports to: Library Systems Manager
Salary/Wage: $49,629, overtime exempt, benefits eligible
Schedule: M-F, 8am-5pm, Some nights and weekends may be required
Remote Work Classification
* Remote work may be available up to 2 days a week as scheduled by the supervisor and subject to the needs of the department or branch. Staff who are overtime exempt may complete some incidental tasks remotely as part of their regular duties and as approved by their supervisor. A signed Remote Work Agreement is required.
* This position may be converted to full-time remote work temporarily in the event of an emergency that prohibits employees from working on location for an extended period.
Required Skills and Abilities:
* Demonstrates proven digital literacy
* Uses effective verbal, written, and discreet communication with management, co-workers, and the public
* Exhibits self-motivation with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
* Demonstrates excellent organizational and planning skills with ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently
* Performs duties requiring the exercise of professional skill, initiative, and independent judgment
* Demonstrates proficiency in office productivity and library operation software
* Remains current on trends in the library field
* Demonstrates proficiency in using websites and online resources
* Exhibits ability to troubleshoot technical issues
* Possesses problem-solving abilities
* Demonstrates proficiency in online searching skills
* Possesses experience with ILS systems such as SirsiDynix Symphony WorkFlows
* Experience with iOS and Android operating systems, including Kindle and Fire OS
* Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft 365 suite of applications
* Learns new technology quickly
Experience and Training:
* Master of Library Science degree from an ALA accredited program required
* 3 years of professional library experience
Overview of Mid-Continent Public Library:
Mid-Continent Public Library is a consolidated library district and tax-supported political subdivision that serves nearly 800,000 people in the greater Kansas City metro area. The Library is governed by a 12-member Board of Trustees, which includes four representatives from each of the three counties in its district-Clay, Jackson, and Platte. For over 50 years, MCPL has been striving to provide customers with the best possible library experience.
How to apply
Published: Thursday, April 7, 2022 23:08 UTC
Last updated: Thursday, April 7, 2022 23:08 UTC