Dryad (datadryad.org) is looking for an experienced Senior Full Stack Developer to join our Product Development team. This team is responsible for building and maintaining our data publishing platform, current and future integrations, and developing features to better support researchers in publishing their data. The ideal candidate will have depth of experience in Ruby on Rails, React, and AWS cloud infrastructure, as well as building within an agile team environment. We’re looking for a senior developer and a team player who can help drive the team forward during a period of growth and opportunity.
Our future Senior Full Stack Developer:
- Brings extensive experience building distributed and/or complex web applications.
- Is a technical and innovative thought-leader able to solve complex problems, build more efficient processes, and define architecture.
- Is able to articulate ideas clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences and mediate diverse views among team members.
- Enjoys analysis, research, and prototyping to understand or solve problems.
- Is an effective communicator, both in writing and in person.
- Has a team-oriented approach to development, working collaboratively and transparently and across service units.
Our priorities for technical skills and experience are:
- Ruby on Rails, with experience with ActiveRecord ORM and RSpec
This person would also benefit from having worked with:
- HTML and CSS
- Git, Linux, Scripting with Bash
- AWS (EC2, ALB, S3 Storage)
- Relational Databases (MySQL)
- Agile development methodologies
Experience contributing to or working with open source projects, in scholarly publishing or scientific repositories, and/or with scientific research would also be advantageous.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, one-year opportunity with the intent to extend. The position may be based anywhere within a reasonable (±5-hour) time difference with San Francisco, California, USA (UTC-8), to be able to collaborate with our current team. (Feel free to contact us with questions or review this time zone map).
The U.S. equivalent salary range for this role is $110,000 to $130,000, depending on experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Dryad is dedicated to providing a welcoming and supportive environment for all people, regardless of background or identity. We are an equal opportunity employer and give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, disability or protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by US federal, state, or local law. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
Please submit a resume and cover letter expressing why this role at Dryad would be a good fit for you – to jobs [at] datadryad [dot] org. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. The position is open now and applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the role is filled. Informal inquiries are very welcome.
Last updated: Tuesday, April 5, 2022 16:46 UTC