Internship Remote / Telecommute
GAO Student Trainee (Librarian) Summer Internship (Remote)
U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO)
0 other recent jobs
Salary: $50,643 - $61,947 per year
Created: March 30, 2022
The U.S. Government Accountability Office is hiring for a GAO Student Trainee (Librarian) summer internship. The internship will be remote with the possible opportunity to work onsite in Washington, DC. You must apply by 4/8/2022.
See https://www.usajobs.gov/job/645054400 for the full vacancy description, requirements, and to submit an application.
The position is open to current students enrolled in a Graduate program seeking a degree from an accredited educational institution on a full or half-time basis.
Interns will work on various assignments that include:
- Performs a wide variety of duties such as: assisting with conducting research, database searching, collection maintenance and/or providing access to digital library materials, systems, and services.
- Assists team members with area specific task to include designing and managing a variety of systems; or developing search techniques for handling specific various research requests.
- Evaluates current publications and electronic resources and provides recommendations for renewal. Identifies and recommends new research resources for purchase.
- Participates in a variety of responsibilities related to collection development and resource evaluation and testing; website development and information architecture; and/or resource sharing.
- Assists with researching various topics based on inquiries from mission teams, agency attorneys and external customer and prepare routine responses based on research gathered to address inquiries
- Collaborates with senior Librarians to design and manage a variety of systems including all electronic resources throughout their life cycle of access, administration, support, and evaluation; or develop and execute specialized research projects involving various methodologies.
- Executes searches of varying complexity using a wide variety of electronic information retrieval systems and other resources.
- Prepares and/or revises user manuals or information sheets, and distributes information on new system capabilities and search strategies.
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, March 30, 2022 14:10 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, March 30, 2022 14:10 UTC