The Journal of Web Librarianship, an international, peer-reviewed journal published quarterly by Taylor & Francis, is seeking a Reviews Editor to join the journal’s editorial team. The JWL publishes four issues each year and features original research, practical communications, and publication reviews in the field of web-based librarianship. To view The JWL’s online content and additional information about The JWL, visit http://www.tandfonline.com/WJWL.
The Reviews Editor is responsible for the journal’s Reviews section, which has focused on book reviews, but could be expanded to include other types of reviews as appropriate. In consultation with the Editor-in-Chief, the Reviews Editor sets direction for the Reviews section, identifies materials for review, corresponds with publishers and reviewers, recruits reviewers, assigns reviews to reviewers, and edits reviews prior to publication.
The JWL editors are volunteers and work remotely from anywhere in the world. The outgoing Reviews Editor will provide training.
The position will be a good fit for you if you have:
- Interest in scholarly publishing and web-based librarianship topics.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Experience of copyediting.
- Ability to encourage and coach peers.
- Collaborative and flexible working style; willingness to receive and provide feedback.
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion in working practices and scholarly publication.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to: Graham Sherriff, firstname.lastname@example.org. Priority consideration will be given to applications received by April 4, 2022.
In your cover letter, please describe:
- Your interest in the position and relevant experiences or qualifications.
- Your thoughts about how to coach others in their writing.
- Your thoughts about strategic direction for a reviews section, possibly including incorporating ebooks into the review process.
How to apply
Graham Sherriff (he/him)
Editor-in-Chief, The Journal of Web Librarianship
Published: Thursday, March 17, 2022 23:52 UTC
Last updated: Thursday, March 17, 2022 23:52 UTC