Programmer Analyst, Headquarters Location, Independence, Mo
The Programmer Analyst position works under the direction of the Library Systems Manager. This position is responsible for creating, maintaining, and scheduling custom reports for end users, statistical purposes, or general maintenance in relation to the SirsiDynix Symphony Integrated Library System databases. Works with stakeholders to determine needed results for custom reports and statistics. Responsible for reviewing and modifying programming as internal or vendor related functionality changes.
Reports to: Library Systems Manager
Salary: $55,557, Full-Time, exempt, benefits eligible
Schedule: M-F 8am-5pm
MCPL Professional Expectations:
* Supports, promotes, implements, and makes decisions based on established Library policies, guidelines, and programs
* Contributes positively to the efforts of the library
* Knowledge and support of the principles of intellectual freedom including the Library Bill of Rights<http://www.ala.org/advocacy/intfreedom/librarybill> and the Freedom to Read statement<http://www.ala.org/advocacy/intfreedom/freedomreadstatement>
* Delivers excellent, proactive customer service attitude and delivery and enthusiastically assists customers and other members of the MCPL Team in a tactful and effective manner
* Consistently exhibits professional attitudes and behaviors
* Actively participates in making the Library a welcoming and inclusive workplace
* Exhibits self-motivation in managing changing priorities
* Negotiates for win-win solution
* Exhibits characteristics of a life-long learner and a willingness to investigate new ideas
* Maintains an attractive, safe, and welcoming environment
* Displays dependability and punctuality by reporting to work on time, as scheduled, and prepared to work.
* Establishes and maintains supportive working relationships with co-workers and other departments/branches
* Uses best practices, MCPL policy, and good stewardship principles to plan and allocate library resources
Essential Job Functions:
* Reviews, analyzes, and modifies custom programs including designing, coding, testing, and debugging
* Serves as point of contact for troubleshooting issues related to the ILS and associated third-party applications. Works with staff and ILS vendor to fix problems that arise.
* Investigates new services and technologies to ensure better service to patrons, simplify access, and improve systems efficiency and functionality
* Possession of a valid driver license and a reliable personal vehicle for use in carrying out the duties of this position including meetings, trainings, transportation of materials, and equipment (mileage reimbursed)
Non-Essential Job functions:
* Attend SirsiDynix training and webinar events to stay current on the Symphony Integrated Library System and other SirsiDynix systems
Remote work classification:
* Remote work may be available up to 2 days a week as scheduled by the supervisor and subject to the needs of the department or branch. Staff who are overtime exempt may complete some incidental tasks remotely as part of their regular duties and as approved by their supervisor. A signed Remote Work Agreement is required.
* This position may be converted to full-time remote work temporarily in the event of an emergency that prohibits employees from working on location for an extended period.
Experience and Training:
* 2+ years of professional experience developing software in high-level programming languages or Bachelors Degree in Computer Science.
* 2+ years of Library experience preferred
* Good understanding of library cataloging, including MARC and circulation systems preferred
* Thorough knowledge of Linux and Microsoft Windows operating systems
* Thorough knowledge of the Perl or a similar programming language
* Working knowledge and solid understanding of typical integration technologies such as Web Services and APIs
* Good understanding of relational databases and SQL
* Demonstrates proven digital literacy and knowledge of the Microsoft 365 suite of applications
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, March 16, 2022 15:55 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, March 16, 2022 15:55 UTC