Web Services Specialist
Created: December 19, 2012
National Louis University Chicago0 other recent jobs
DescriptionPosition summary: National Louis University is looking for an energetic, tech-savvy, and service-oriented web developer with a strong instructional design background to join the Library & Learning Support (LLS) team in developing and maintaining outstanding web services.
The LLS Web Services Specialist will guide a top-priority redesign of the LLS web site by working collaboratively with key stakeholders. The LLS Web Services Specialist will play a crucial role in supporting the vision, design, and management of the departments evolving web presence and services. The successful candidate will have experience in applying organizational skills and creative problem-solving in an educational setting, a demonstrated commitment to service excellence, and a passion for continuously monitoring emerging technologies and practices and applying them to improve learning and research success for students and faculty.
The position will be responsible for setup, design, maintenance, and support of web-related applications for LLS services; and for availability of online services and resources.
We are looking for an individual who will design for the best user experience and who is flexible, forward-thinking, and in tune with the needs of diverse, career-oriented adult learners.
- Must have 1-3 years of web page design and development experience
- Core skill set centered on user experience and knowledge accessibility for the 21st century
- Ability to integrate graphic files and fully functional HTML / CSS documents for implementation into dynamic web systems
- Strong understanding of navigation design, information architecture, and the nuances of web browsers and the mobile web
- Understanding of core concepts surrounding content management systems, content implementation and workflow
- Ability to cross over into other areas and responsibilities relating to ongoing projects, such as more advanced development, graphics design, and multimedia development
- Knowledge of industry-standard software such as Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated experience applying principles of user experience design (UX) and information architecture (IA) in a web environment, and demonstrating compliance with W3C standards for functionality and accessibility
- Demonstrated ability to write concisely and effectively for the web
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate, and implement effective projects, making sure that objectives are met within time, budget, and quality targets
- Ability to thrive in an environment of change and to foster that capacity in others
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a leader or member of teams, both within and across organizations, especially involving technical guidance
- BA / BS degree in instructional design, computer science, or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with current and emerging technologies for libraries and learning support
- Familiarity with metadata standards, especially RDA
- Familiar with digital collection management software (such as CONTENTdm and Archon)
NLU Library & Learning Support provides essential tutoring and research skills support for student learning and for faculty and student research. LLS collections are in primarily digital formats, and services are designed to satisfy user needs as effectively online as they do in F2F and blended formats. LLS also utilizes SmarThinking as an online tutoring resource. LLS is engaged in numerous digital initiatives designed to improve students academic success and to ensure support for faculty members research needs.
If you are excited by the possibilities that come with change, have energy and internal purpose, and would like to advance the mission of National Louis University, we invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards, and excellence of working here. Boasting a 125-year legacy of commitment to access, excellence, and innovation, NLU offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishments and true growth.
This is a full-time, permanent, exempt position, is based at the Chicago campus and requires some evening and weekend hours, and regular travel among NLUs Chicago-area campuses. This position reports to the Dean of Library & Learning Support. Compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Apply now: Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Job ID “CHWSS” in the subject line. No phone calls please. You will be contacted if additional information is required or an interview is requested.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:46 UTC