Longwood Gardens is seeking a full time Digital Resource Manager to join our Library and Information Services Division. This individual develops the image collection, documents, and communicates strategies for metadata and authority control. Responsibilities include:
• Overseeing the creation of all policies and procedures for managing the image collection both digital, paper, and film-based
• Ensuring accessibility of the image collections in all formats and other special collections by determining appropriate intellectual organization and storage structure
• Actively promoting Longwood’s digital assets and use.
• Managing relationships with image creators to anticipate future image needs related to the historical record, learning resources, seasonal displays documentation, and documenting the cultural life of the organization
• Overseeing the operational control and organization of image collection assets
• Serving as the resident expert for image collections
• Overseeing the work of interns, students, and volunteers in digitizing, cataloging, and organizing the collections
We seek an individual with proven ability to work in a collaborative environment and ability to prioritize among multiple projects and stakeholders The ideal candidate will have:
• Master’s degree in Library Information Science or equivalent.
• 3 years of experience cataloging and providing access to digital resources using a relational database or DAM system, especially Islandora (Currently planning a migration to Islandora in the coming year).
• Experience planning and managing a digital, paper, and film-based materials program with knowledge of current trends, tools, best practices, policy development, and issues associated with image records
• Experience with digital asset management systems and data storage systems, such as Asset Bank, Islandora, and Amazon Glacier
• Excellent verbal communication, strong interpersonal and professional writing skills
As one of the great gardens of the world located just 30 miles outside of Philadelphia, Longwood Gardens is rooted in a steadfast mission of excellence in horticulture, education, and the arts. Across our many departments, each and every staff member creates the magic that makes our Gardens distinctive. Our team of dynamic professionals is what sets us apart, and our spirit of legacy, innovation, and opportunity is what guides us. While beauty is our heart, our people are our soul.
Submitted by: firstname.lastname@example.org
Published: Monday, March 7, 2022 19:13 UTC
Last updated: Monday, March 7, 2022 19:13 UTC