The Michigan State University Libraries seek a Web Applications Developer to join a team of enthusiastic and supportive colleagues who design, develop, and maintain the MSU Libraries' Drupal websites and related web applications. The Web Applications Developer is a new position reporting to the Head of User Experience.
This is an exciting time to join our team, as we are currently redesigning and rebuilding MSU Libraries' website at https://lib.msu.edu, developing an internal Drupal-based intranet, and incorporating new search and catalog tools into our web presence. The Web Applications Developer will play an important role in these efforts, and will have the opportunity to reshape the Libraries' web presence to better engage users and build connections that support research, teaching, and learning at MSU.
This position will initially have a hybrid work assignment (at least one day a week at the Main Libraries building on the East Lansing campus, with the other days working remotely). Remote or hybrid work arrangements are currently temporary and revisited each semester according to evolving policies at Michigan State University.
The MSU Libraries values diversity of thought, perspective, and experience and is actively committed to a culture of inclusion and respect. The candidate will partner with others to grow our welcoming multicultural environment. More information on our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion is available at: http://www.inclusion.msu.edu/about/index.html.
If you are enthusiastic about creating web applications to support MSU Libraries' users, but aren't sure you meet all the qualifications listed, we hope you will still apply and let us know how your unique background, skills, and experiences would benefit our team. MSU Libraries offers a supportive environment to learn new technical skills and pursue professional development.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain Drupal-based websites including the main Libraries' website and MSU Libraries' Drupal-based staff intranet
- Develop and maintain custom search interfaces such as the Libraries' cross-platform search
- Develop and maintain custom web applications such as the 3-D Prime print ordering platform
- Work with library stakeholders to identify and meet user needs for websites and web applications
- Improve the usability, accessibility, and responsiveness of websites, internal applications, and vendor systems (when possible) to benefit students, faculty, staff, and community users
- Work on special projects as they develop/are assigned
For more detail and to apply, visit our official posting at: https://careers.msu.edu posting# 764046. Minimum salary $65,000. Salary is negotiable. Applications close on Tuesday, March 15, 2022.
How to apply
Published: Thursday, February 24, 2022 00:03 UTC
Last updated: Thursday, February 24, 2022 00:03 UTC