The MSU Libraries seek a Web Strategy Librarian to lead the team responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining the MSU Libraries' website. The Web Strategy Librarian is a new position that supports MSU Libraries' strategic emphasis on a web presence that engages our users and facilitates connections that support research, teaching, and learning in our local and global communities. We are looking for a candidate who has the expertise to build a user-centered web team, and is energized by the opportunity to lead the ongoing efforts to design, create, and maintain the next version of the MSU Libraries' web presence.
- Deciding and communicating strategies and priorities for the design, development, and maintenance of MSU Libraries’ website and web content.
- Providing guidelines, training, and tools to empower web content creators in the MSU Libraries to create clear, accessible, and inclusive web content.
- Advancing a user-centered team culture that prioritizes web content accessibility, mobile-friendly design, and user-focused information architecture.
- Working collaboratively with MSU Libraries stakeholders to iteratively assess and improve the website.
- Drawing on research and data to inform website improvements and ensure that the website meets user needs.
- Determining appropriate and sustainable technologies for the MSU Libraries website in consultation with the Systems and Digital Development and Strategies unit.
- Advising other MSU Libraries teams responsible for web-based services such as LibGuides, the Libraries’ intranet, and the digital repository.
Reporting to the Head of User Experience, the successful candidate must be creative, broadly focused, and collaborative. Librarians are appointed as regular faculty in the continuing appointment system and are engaged in professional development and scholarly activities related to their position in addition to serving on library and university committees as elected or assigned.
The MSU Libraries Strategic Plan guides our current and future work. The MSU Libraries values diversity of thought, perspective, and experience and is actively committed to a culture of inclusion and respect. The candidate will enthusiastically partner with others to grow our welcoming multicultural environment. More information on our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion is available at: http://www.inclusion.msu.edu/about/index.html.
Michigan State University Libraries serve more than 5,700 faculty, 39,000 under-graduates, and 11,000 graduate and professional students on a park-like campus of over 5,000 acres.
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, February 22, 2022 16:01 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 22, 2022 16:01 UTC