CW MARS is currently searching for a new Library Applications Associate II. This position will provide technical support to member libraries. An ideal candidate will possess excellent oral and written communication skills as well as strong technical troubleshooting skills. The position requires a degree from a four-year college and at least three years related job experience.
Full-Time benefited position.
The position will be working in the CW MARS automated network office in Worcester, Massachusetts with the potential for remote work up to three days per week. The position is not in a library.
Under general direction of supervisor, provides support and training to member library staff on
the integrated library system. Creates and runs reports, processes parameter and selected
system changes, and assists libraries with using C/W MARS library software.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Provide general support both onsite and remotely to member library staff for C/W MARS
services (integrated library system (ILS), statewide catalog, etc.). Primary support for
circulation, resource sharing, reports, and OPAC. Secondary support for serials,
acquisitions, and cataloging.
2. Provide support for web browsers and printing as it relates to the ILS.
3. Work with member libraries to create custom reports and provide data from the ILS as
requested. Run ad-hoc reports for troubleshooting and analysis.
4. Perform record updates as requested.
5. Provide support for digital collections.
6. Manage weekly purchasing for consortial collection of ebook and e-audio titles. Track
expenses and update shared ordering spreadsheet.
7. Prepare training material, tutorials, statistics, and other documentation as requested.
Prepare and conduct training sessions in areas of support.
8. Perform testing on ILS releases and new features.
9. May perform other duties as assigned.
External Job Contacts
1. Regularly communicate with member library staff via phone, email, and support ticketing
2. Travel to member libraries is occasionally required throughout central and western
Essential Education, Skills, Knowledge
● Four year college degree or equivalent.
● Minimum three years related job experience.
● Experience providing end-user support.
● Excellent oral and written communication skills.
● Knowledge of office productivity software and Windows operating systems.
● Familiarity with web browsers, web-based applications, content management, and other
● Ability to learn new skills and adapt to changing technology.
● Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
● Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
● Previous library experience; familiarity with library automation, online catalogs, and
● Experience with Google Chrome.
● Familiarity with Google Suite of Applications (Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc).
● Familiarity with presentation software and visual tutorial tools.
● Experience with remote-desktop applications and helpdesk ticketing software.
● Experience with Evergreen ILS.
● Familiarity with digital collections service Overdrive and related apps, (i.e. Libby).
● Knowledge of HTML and CSS formatting.
● Experience creating queries in SQL.
● Affinity for open-source projects and applications.
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, February 9, 2022 01:15 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, February 9, 2022 01:15 UTC