Do you love using creativity to solve problems…setting up systems from scratch...working in a remote startup environment?
If so, keep reading! This may be your next dream job.
Coherent Digital is a young company built by a team with decades of experience in scholarly and academic publishing. Our products deliver unique, hard-to-find content to a global audience of researchers, librarians, and educators.
In the next 6 months, our company will launch 5 new products. As we grow, we’re looking for a talented Data and Content Ops Manager to design the processes we need to capture, QC, and ingest metadata into our proprietary Commons platform.
Does this sound like you?
- Passion for managing digital assets in the library publishing industry.
- Know what terms MARC, Dublin Core, and METS ALTO mean.
- Master of crunching and cleaning up data in Excel, Google Sheets, Airtable and Open Refine.
- Experience using web crawling and harvesting tools.
- Drive to build scalable, sustainable systems and workflows.
- Familiarity with designing controlled vocabularies.
- Ability to write scripts in Python (valued, not required.)
- MLIS (valued, not required.)
In the job, you will:
- Figure out the most cost-effective methods for acquiring content and metadata across our products, i.e. using web-based tools like crawlers, OAI-PMH and other feed sources, or ingesting CSV, MARC or other metadata formats.
- Develop specs and detailed plans as we launch new products.
- Build schedules and workflows to continually ingest new content into existing products.
- Execute harvesting requests on behalf of customers and editors.
- Capture and clean up metadata using Open Refine and other tools. When manual indexing is required and budget is available, recruit, train, and manage a team of indexers.
- Manage the relationship with harvesting partners and other vendors as needed. For projects that require digitization, manage sourcing and conversion partners.
- Create, QC and distribute MARC Records and handle customer questions.
- Provide sales, marketing, and editorial teams with up-to-date bibliographies and key content metrics. Routinely update existing bibliographies as well as create new bibliographic reports on demand.
We’d love to get to you know you. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Published: Monday, February 7, 2022 15:53 UTC
Last updated: Monday, February 7, 2022 15:53 UTC