Georgetown University Library seeks a collaborative and enthusiastic individual to lead the Digital Scholarship Services Unit within the Library's recently reorganized Digital Scholarship and Technology Services department. The Head of the Digital Scholarship Services Unit is responsible for coordinating the design, implementation, maintenance, expansion, and promotion of the Library’s digital services and projects. The Head manages the day to day operations of the Digital Scholarship Services Unit and supervises 6 FTEs and 2-3 student assistants. The Head of the Digital Scholarship Services Unit oversees digital scholarship, digitization, digital repository and data services, multimedia and emerging technologies, and the Library's Maker Hub. The Head of the Digital Scholarship Services Unit collaborates closely with all Library departments and campus partners in the development of digital scholarship projects, services, and infrastructure that support strategic goals. The incumbent will also develop communication and outreach strategies that effectively promote and build support for digital scholarship services and projects, and provide management for ongoing initiatives.
- Balance the overall portfolio of the Digital Scholarship Services Unit and assign tasks to ensure project goals and deadlines are met.
- Develop, manage, and assess digital scholarship services and programs.
- Provide oversight and project management for Library-faculty digital scholarship projects and collaborations.
- Collaborate with staff from units and departments across the Library and the campus to develop new digital collections and digital scholarship projects.
- Develop criteria that aid in the selection of projects and partnerships that utilize the Unit’s resources and expertise.
- Engage and collaborate with the University community to identify and implement emerging technologies and services.
- Effectively manage the capacity of the Library’s digitization lab to complete project deliverables in a timely manner.
- Direct outreach efforts and build awareness and support for digital scholarship services and projects on campus.
- Provide consultation and instruction to librarians, faculty members, and students to advance awareness of digital scholarship tools and methods and support effective digital project development and digital curation activities.
- Research and implement new tools and services to meet digitization, digital preservation, data management, and digital curation needs.
- Lead the planning, development, implementation, management, promotion, and assessment of the Library’s digital repository and digitization services.
- Graduate degree in Library or Information Science from an ALA accredited institution or an equivalent combination of relevant advanced degree and library or digital scholarship experience
- 3 to 5 years of progressively responsible relevant experience, preferably in an academic library
- 1 to 2 years of supervisory experience
- Demonstrated understanding of the scholarly applications of digital tools, metadata standards, and data encoding standards and a proven commitment to facilitating new modes of research in diverse disciplines
- Experience with planning, managing, and delivering complex digital scholarship projects in an academic setting
- Commitment to fostering an equitable and inclusive workplace, and ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, students, and staff
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and engage in an active intellectual community, including working collaboratively and building partnerships across disciplines
- Experience with providing consultations as well as teaching or leading workshops on digital scholarship tools and/or methods to faculty and students
- Familiarity with data curation and data management best practices
- Experience with open source software and repository platforms
How to apply
Published: Saturday, January 29, 2022 04:52 UTC
Last updated: Saturday, January 29, 2022 04:52 UTC