Applications are being accepted for the following vacancy on the Faculty Librarian staff of Hudson Valley Community College, Troy, New York.
Hudson Valley Community College is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applicants from minorities and women veterans, and individuals with disabilities, and Bi-lingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
In order to be considered an applicant for this position you must meet the minimum qualifications as stated in this announcement. HVCC does not support visa applications. Applicants must currently hold an unrestricted employment authorization to work in the United States and appointment will be contingent upon completion of a background check.
Faculty Librarian, Web Services HV-FAC-1022WS
We seek a collaborative, student-centered librarian who will contribute to high-quality services available from any campus location in person or online. All librarians share in providing reference and instruction services as well as collection development and complete duties in a manner that contributes to and reflects the library’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The web services librarian:
• creates and manages library web content to ensure excellent user experience across online platforms
• is knowledgeable about and employs web accessibility practices
• supports faculty to integrate library resources (both campus-created and licensed) in Blackboard/LMS/equivalent platform to ensure seamless access on campus and remotely
• implements functionality to maximize interoperability between various library systems and platforms
• monitors and requests EZProxy configuration revisions and monitors other authentication methods
• engages in regular assessment through usability studies, user feedback, and other means
• works one evening weekly during fall and spring semesters and shares in building oversight during evening and weekend hours.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s Degree in Library or Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution. Experience providing reference services with extensive use of research databases and minimum one year of post-degree library instruction in an environment that embraces diverse learners. Demonstrated experience with website design using XHTML, HTML, CSS or other web development languages. Excellent oral and written communication skills demonstrated in classroom, individual and other professional settings and evidence of successful collaboration in a team environment. Familiarity with proxy server configuration for electronic resources.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience administrating Springshare LibApps or equivalent.
DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES: The Faculty Librarian reports to the Director of the Library and performs the following duties:
• Provides traditional face-face and virtual reference services.
• Conducts library instruction in person and online.
• Serves as liaison to assigned college departments and their faculty.
• Develops and maintains online subject guides for library website and college distance learning environment.
• Evaluates and selects print and online resources to develop and maintain robust collections.
• Collects and analyzes usage data for monthly and annual reports.
• Participates actively in library faculty planning and reviews of services.
• Engages in professional development and continuing development activities.
• Serves on library and college committees.
• Performs other duties as specified within the Faculty Contract at the request of the Director.
The Salary for this position is $48,981.00. This is a 10-month position.
Hudson Valley Community College offers a very competitive benefits package which includes low cost health insurance as well as a generous leave policy.
Visit our Employment Opportunities page www.hvcc.edu/jobs to apply before the close date of February 13, 2022.
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, January 19, 2022 23:16 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, January 19, 2022 23:16 UTC