Applications are being accepted for the following vacancy on the Faculty Librarian staff of Hudson Valley Community College, Troy, New York.
Hudson Valley Community College is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applicants from minorities and women veterans, and individuals with disabilities, and Bi-lingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
In order to be considered an applicant for this position you must meet the minimum qualifications as stated in this announcement. HVCC does not support visa applications. Applicants must currently hold an unrestricted employment authorization to work in the United States and appointment will be contingent upon completion of a background check.
Faculty Librarian, Electronic Resources Management HV-FAC-1022ERM
We seek a collaborative, student-centered librarian who will contribute to high-quality services available from any campus location in person or online. All librarians share in providing reference and instruction services as well as collection development and complete duties in a manner that contributes to and reflects the library’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The electronic resources management librarian also:
• provides oversight of more than 80 subscription-based online resources for library and media services to ensure excellent user experience
• has responsibility for the lifecycle of online resources, including providing access, administering, supporting, monitoring, and evaluating products
• configures and maintain electronic collections and services in Ex Libris Alma for delivery through the Primo discovery service
• successfully works both independently and collaboratively, effectively prioritizing demands to complete tasks within deadlines, and provides leadership and shares responsibilities as a member of the library Alma Management Team
• engages in best practices defined by the campus and the SUNY Libraries Consortium
• works one evening weekly during fall and spring semesters and shares in building oversight during evening and weekend hours.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s Degree in Library or Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution. Experience providing reference services with extensive use of research databases and minimum one year of post-degree library instruction in an environment that embraces diverse learners. Knowledge of supporting electronic resource lifecycle activities. Excellent oral and written communication skills demonstrated in classroom, individual, and professional settings, and evidence of successful collaboration in a team environment. Experience resolving access-related problems with electronic resources. Experience with the administration of discovery systems.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience with Ex Libris Alma/Primo configuration and management.
Reports to the Director of the Library and performs the following duties common to all faculty librarians:
1. Provides traditional face-to-face and virtual reference services.
2. Conducts library instruction in person and online.
3. Serves as liaison to assigned college departments and their faculty.
4. Develops and maintains online subject guides for library website and college distance learning environment.
5. Evaluates and selects print and online resources to develop and maintain robust collections.
6. Collects and analyzes usage data for monthly and annual reports.
7. Participates actively in library faculty planning and reviews of services.
8. Engages in professional development and continuing development activities.
9. Serves on library and college committees.
10. Performs other duties as specified within the Faculty Contract at the request of the Director.
Evening or weekend hours are shared by full-time and part-time librarians.
The Salary for this position is $48,981.00. This is a 10-month position.
Hudson Valley Community College offers a very competitive benefits package which includes low cost health insurance as well as a generous leave policy.
Visit our Employment Opportunities page www.hvcc.edu/jobs to apply before the close date of February 13, 2022.
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, January 19, 2022 23:17 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, January 19, 2022 23:17 UTC