Boston College Libraries is seeking a Systems Librarian to join our enthusiastic, collaborative, and supportive team. We’re looking for someone who will enjoy solving interesting problems, experimenting with new ideas, and advocating for user needs.
As a Systems Librarian, you will:
- Collaborate with partners from across campus to research and implement practical, usable solutions to library needs
- Support and maintain library applications using a broad range of technologies
- Discover and advocate for the needs of students, faculty, and staff
- Contribute to the team’s documentation, support, and maintenance methodologies
- Report to the Head of Library Systems and Applications
You’ll love this role if you are passionate about library technology and are fascinated by the unique challenges of searching and using library collections online. You’ll work closely with colleagues across the library and university, including research librarians, metadata specialists, and scholars.
Boston College Libraries operate in accordance with our Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion values statement (library.bc.edu/edi), which is central to our mission. We acknowledge historical, structural, and systemic injustices and are actively working to build a culture that recognizes, values, and empowers all people and provides space for discourse and growth. We expect applicants for this position to demonstrate a commitment to sustaining a respectful, accountable, and intentionally inclusive culture.
This is an in person position on the Main Campus in Chestnut Hill, Ma.
We’re looking to make the right addition to our team. Salary and title is commensurate with your experience implementing Library systems in a Linux/Unix environment. Regardless of your experience level, we’re committed to supporting your growth in this role.
- Less than 3 years: Associate Systems Librarian - $57,850 - $72,300
- 3-5 years: Systems Librarian - $67,100 - $83,850
- 5 or more years: Senior Systems Librarian - $75,850 - $94,800
Candidates without the MLS degree will have Systems Administrator for title.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- MLS preferred
- Occasional weekend or off-work hours are required to handle system outages and routine maintenance.
Boston College offers a broad and competitive range of benefits depending on your job classification eligibility:
- Tuition remission for Employees
- Tuition remission for Spouses and Children who meet eligibility requirements
- Generous Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Low-Cost Life Insurance
- Eligibility for both University-Funded 401k and Employer-Sponsored 403b Retirement Plans
- Paid Holidays Annually
- Generous Sick and Vacation Pay
Additional benefits can be found on https://www.bc.edu/employeehandbookBoston College conducts pre-employment background checks as part of the hiring process and requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Boston College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. In concert with our Jesuit, Catholic mission, Boston College is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications for women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at https://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.
Boston College's Notice of Nondiscrimination can be viewed at https://www.bc.edu/nondiscrimination.
How to apply
Published: Friday, January 14, 2022 00:02 UTC
Last updated: Friday, January 14, 2022 00:02 UTC