DEPARTMENT: Gutman Library – East Falls
The Cataloging and Collection Management Librarian is responsible for acquiring and cataloging the Library's electronic, print and special collections. This position also works collaboratively with personnel at Scott Memorial Library to manage all aspects of the e-resources life cycle. This position reports to the Paul J. Gutman Director of Library Operations.
Major responsibilities include:
- Perform original and copy cataloging on print, electronic and other formatted materials, including special collections, using mainly LCSH and Dewey classification.
- Provide professional oversight and supervision of staff engaged in the processing of selected materials.
- Create and maintain collection integrity with collection policies, weeding protocols and inventory assessments.
- Engage with publishers, vendors and consortia to acquire content and conduct ongoing evaluation of their services.
- Develop creative solutions and efficient workflows for the acquisition of library resources.
- Work with Associate Director, Collection Management in the acquisition, administration and evaluation of electronic resources.
- Serve as a liaison to an academic program, for the School of Business and Engineering or College of Continuing and Professional Studies, including collection development in these areas, information literacy instruction, and maintaining faculty contracts.
- Support library reference services with scheduled desk hours (in-person and remote).
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited library school
- 3 to 5 years professional experience in an academic library
- Experience with library electronic resources (such as cataloging, managing subscriptions, resolving access issues)
- Experience with an integrated library management system
- Experience with RDA and MARC cataloging rules
- Experience with ExLibris’s Alma/Primo library system
- Experience supervising staff and/or student workers
- Bachelor’s or second master’s degree in any subject within Liberal Arts and Humanities, Business or Engineering, or in-depth subject knowledge in those areas.
- Familiarity with batch editing processes using LMS or external utility such as MarcEdit
- Experience with batch loading and maintenance of vendor catalog records
- Experience with EZproxy or Open Athens
Apply to the position on the Jefferson Careers external portal: https://hr.jefferson.edu/careers/search-jobs.html
Create an applicant profile and search Job ID 9263199. Please include a cover letter and resume.
STARTING DATE: ASAP
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, January 11, 2022 23:14 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, January 11, 2022 23:14 UTC