POSITION OVERVIEW: The Digital Strategies Librarian will be stationed at the Thurgood Marshall U.S. Courthouse in Manhattan, NY. Typical job duties may include, but are not limited to, the tasks listed below. Assigned tasks may be changed to accommodate workload and organizational needs.
- Assist in the creation of digital collections by identifying digitization projects, creating and uploading digital objects, and managing metadata.
- Participate in the design, creation, and maintenance of websites and other digital applications.
- Work with library colleagues, diverse patron groups, and other stakeholders to develop strategies for improving the discoverability of, and engagement with, library resources and special collections.
- Assist in the production of multimedia projects, including videos and interactive exhibits.
- Catalog and classify print and digital materials; maintain online catalog.
- Assist with acquisitions-related tasks as needed.
- Attend occasional special events outside of regular business hours.
The Digital Strategies Librarian will report to the Head of Tech Services Librarian.
- Master’s degree in Library or Information Science from an ALA-accredited program.
- Minimum of one year of experience in library technical services or archives; prior experience with digital collections or archives development a plus.
- Knowledge of the MARC cataloging format and/or other non-MARC metadata standards (e.g. Dublin Core).
- Familiarity with platforms used to host digital collections or digital exhibits (e.g. CollectiveAccess, Omeka, ContentDM), and/or content management systems (e.g., WordPress, Drupal).
- Interest in video production or storytelling, or willingness to learn, a plus.
- Willingness to learn new technologies, experience with web programming and design a plus.
- Flexibility, self-motivation, and a strong interest in joining a collaborative work environment.
How to apply
Published: Thursday, December 23, 2021 18:24 UTC
Last updated: Thursday, December 23, 2021 18:24 UTC