Digital Preservation Librarian
Under the direction of the Head of Preservation, Digitization & Exhibitions, the Digital Preservation Librarian develops, documents, implements and oversees preservation workflows, procedures and policies for Washington University Libraries' digital collections and assets, both digitized and born-digital. The incumbent will collaborate with stakeholders across the Libraries and campus to develop programmatic and sustainable policies and workflows to address digital curation and long-term digital preservation needs for the Libraries and related campus assets.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops, documents, implements and oversees preservation workflows, procedures and policies for Washington University Libraries' digital assets, both digitized and born-digital. These assets include, but are not limited to, images, audio-visual recordings, data sets, web archives, email archives, social media archives and 3D models. These policies include, but are not limited to, metadata standards, repository preservation standards, and storage standards.
- Participates in the administration and development of the University Libraries' technology infrastructure for digital preservation, in collaboration with Library Technology Services, WUIT, and related campus units for technology services.
- Collaborates with Special Collections, Data Services, Digital Library and other key Libraries' staff to ensure creation and maintenance of University Libraries digital assets according to current preservation practices.
- Provides consultation services to Washington University faculty, students and staff to promote education on preserving digital material and retrieving information from legacy media formats.
- Participates as part of the professional community to stay up to date on new programs, standards, and developments within the rapidly-growing digital library field. This includes pursuing continuing education and certification to remain current with the community of practice for digital preservation, as well as being a leader within the broader fields of preservation and digital libraries.
- Shares these developments with the University Libraries' staff through periodic alerts, summaries, reports and revisions to policies and procedures.
- Participates in library-wide and university-wide activities, committees, special projects and programs, as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
How to apply
Head of Preservation, Digitization & Exhibitions
Published: Monday, December 20, 2021 23:50 UTC
Last updated: Monday, December 20, 2021 23:50 UTC