Amigos Library Services seeks to fill the position of DevOps and Server Administrator for its SimplyE team in our Dallas or St. Louis offices, or remotely. Read the full description of this exciting opportunity and application instructions below.
This full-time position supports Amigos' SimplyE hosting services through the design, coding, testing, and documenting of systems and programs for the SimplyE service. The position works with clients and partners to determine requirements, resolve problems, and perform testing.
This position reports to the SimplyE Manager.
This position is available from our Dallas or St. Louis offices with the option to work remotely. Amigos staff currently work in Illinois, Missouri, Nebraska, and Texas. Work-related travel may be required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- At the highest level, this position requires attention to detail, the ability to foresee problems, and to think strategically through solutions.
- Ability to work independently balancing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (including CloudFormation and AWS CDK), agile methodologies, Kubernetes, SQL, GitLab, Postgres, ElasticSearch, and Linux or other open-source operating systems highly desired.
- Experience with TDD or unit testing, quality control, logging, monitoring, infrastructure automation, Python or other programming language, and open-source projects preferred.
- Ability to quickly learn new computer software programs.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Degrees and/or experience in Computer Science, preferred.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate or similar certification, preferable.
- Master’s degree in Library Science or familiarity with libraries and/or cultural institutions, desirable.
- Experience in designing and developing specifications for simple, complex, and/or cross-functional systems and data structures.
- Experience in analyzing problems and making modifications to systems and individual programs as required.
- Experience developing, testing, and documenting operating procedures.
- Experience working with libraries and open-source technologies, preferred.
This is an opportunity to learn and develop within a changing library technology environment. Interested candidates who may feel they do not fully meet the required skills and qualifications or experience are still encouraged to email at the contact information below to discuss this opportunity further.
Salary and Benefits
The anticipated hiring salary is from $85,000. Amigos offers a competitive benefits package including medical and dental coverage; optional vision and supplementary insurances; 401(k) retirement plan; vacation, personal, and sick days. Remote work and flexible schedule options are also available for this position.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume as PDF attachments to Miguel Figueroa at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until filled with first review of applications beginning December 22.
Last updated: Tuesday, December 7, 2021 15:08 UTC