Reporting to the Director- Enterprise Architecture, the Architecture and Data Governance Librarian will be a part of an Enterprise Architecture function embedded within the Global Information Technology department serving Canopy Growth, including its wholly owned subsidiaries. This position will perform a variety of tasks that require expertise in information management and detailed record keeping. Ideal candidates will be proactive, hands‐on, and independent problem‐solvers who can work as a team with others. Creativity and attention to detail are key. Highly effective communication (both written and verbal) and organizational skills are critical to the position.
- Writing standard operating processes & procedures for managing data, records, and file sets
- Managing diverse stakeholder groups to establish standard taxonomies and hierarchies for the classification of records and information in systems across business operations.
- Planning and leading the implementation of small projects and initiatives— breaking work into assignable pieces and working with a team to execute
- Designing and documenting metadata standards and semantic models so that business stakeholders and IT teams can work from a common knowledge base when planning change initiatives
- Performing ethnographic research initiatives to understand how work groups use information and how they seek knowledge within the organization
- Designing information architectures in support of IT and Business stakeholders
- Developing and deploying information and knowledge management plans to support the operations of the business (both internal to IT and across the business)
- Supporting the business to establish and operate using data and file plans that support discovery, usability, and accessibility of enterprise knowledge
- Coordinate Enterprise Architecture and Data Governance operations. Maintain high-quality audit-ready documentation and records to meet audit and compliance requirements
- Supporting data engineering and enterprise analytics teams in data cleansing, preparation, and enrichment tasks. Derive and define classification systems to increase utility and value of corporate data assets
- Developing tools, techniques, and materials for teaching IT and the Business how to contribute to Enterprise Architecture (EA) and Data Governance (DG) efforts. Providing leadership and guidance to federated EA and DG resources across the company
- Other duties as assigned
- A Master’s Degree in Library and Information Sciences, Digital Humanities, or Information and Records Management is preferred. Equivalent experience, training, and/or certifications will be considered
- Knowledge and expertise managing data sets, records, and file sets
- Mastery of Microsoft Office suite of software products (excel, word, outlook, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Experience with Office 365, Sharepoint, and/or the Microsoft Power Platform
- Experience with SQL, cypher, OWL/RDF, Excel Formulas, and/or python are an asset
- Strong written, grammatical, and oral communication skills
- Demonstrable history of working with integrity to steer diverse stakeholder groups towards common purpose and understanding
- Proven experience in situations where servant leadership and leadership without authority are required
- Strong organizational skills. Must be able to set priorities while working with different team members
- Ability to multi-task and work with several moving pieces at a time
- Ability to plan and deliver on plans with a team
- Comfortable operating in a high-pressure environment with multiple demands on time and resources; ability to readily embrace change
- Ability to solve practical problems; highly motivated to deliver results
- Sharp, patient team player with a positive attitude and the ability to work independently
- Willingness to seek out new learning opportunities and take on new tasks/responsibilities as assigned
This is a full-time permanent role that can be in Smiths Falls, Kanata, Toronto, or Remote in any region Canopy operates.
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, December 1, 2021 16:51 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, December 1, 2021 16:51 UTC