Digital Innovation Specialist
JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
The Penn State University Libraries at Penn State Berks is accepting applications for the position of Digital Innovation Specialist (Information Resources and Services Support Specialist 4) at the Thun Library.
The Thun Library Digital Innovation Specialist contributes to the daily operations of the Thun Library by:
- Providing leadership in collaboration with faculty and staff on identifying and applying sustainable strategies to digital library initiatives
- Coordinating ongoing digital projects for the library
- Data curation, management, and assessment of the Thun Library's collections
- Acting as digital outreach strategist
- Serving as staff liaison for open and affordable course content groups
- Acting as the Media Commons Liaison
- Serving as the PSUL Tech Liaison, as well as the campus ITS Liaison.
Under the direction of the Public Services Coordinator, other duties may include assisting with special projects and circulation desk duties. This position is encouraged to participate in professional development and committee opportunities.
Typically requires an associate's degree or higher, plus three years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree or higher preferred. The successful candidate will have excellent organizational skills, the ability to work independently, and a strong commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA).
Additional competencies for the position include experience working with library collections and catalog, enthusiasm for mastering digital tools, and willingness to modernize and enhance current practices. Forty hours per week with a flexible work schedule, the possibility of remote work, and occasional nights and weekends.
The Libraries values diversity of thought, perspective, experience, and people, and is actively committed to a culture of inclusion and respect. We encourage candidates to apply who thrive in a welcoming, multicultural environment. More information on Penn State’s commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusive Excellence, can be found by visiting http://equity.psu.edu/psu-diversity-statement. For additional information about the Libraries’ diversity efforts, please visit https://libraries.psu.edu/about/diversity.
How to apply
Published: Thursday, November 4, 2021 02:43 UTC
Last updated: Thursday, November 4, 2021 02:43 UTC