Full time Remote / Telecommute
IT Systems Administrator & Developer
James Madison University Libraries — Harrisonburg, Virginia
1 other recent jobs
Salary: $63,219 - $68,500
Created: October 27, 2021
Maintains and engineers a growing hybrid environment of physical, virtual, and cloud-based Linux and Windows systems to meet the needs of JMU Libraries and support the technology infrastructure and services of the organization. Performs system administration and application development/integration as part of a dynamic systems and support team. Ability to telecommute 1-2 days per week.
- Plans, designs, and implements robust server environments to support the mission critical needs of a modern academic library technology unit
- Configures, integrates, develops and maintains software applications
- Collaborates with stakeholders to support, enhance, and integrate an ecosystem of technologies
- Consults across JMU Libraries units to collaboratively plan environments and applications that meet a complex and evolving range of needs.
- Demonstrated ability to administer servers in a Windows and/or Linux environment as well as possess knowledge of automation, configuration management, system monitoring, troubleshooting, and application of security patches and software updates.
- Familiarity with a modern programming language as well as virtualization concepts, cloud hosting technologies, and network attached storage.
- Awareness of open source communities and best practices for accessibility and user-centered design.
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies through training and/or professional development
- Ability to define, analyze, and formulate solutions to complex problems while working independently.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently is a must.
- Excellent oral and written skills are required to communicate with the Libraries diverse community of users with varying technical experience and an articulated ability to help foster an inclusive and equitable work environment.
- Strong documentation skills are essential.
- Working knowledge of Windows, Office 365, and other productivity application platforms and applications
How to apply
Human Resources Wine-Price Building
752 Ott Street
Harrisonburg, Virginia 22807
Published: Thursday, October 28, 2021 20:15 UTC
Last updated: Thursday, October 28, 2021 20:15 UTC