The Library Services Engineers (LSE a.k.a. Sales Engineer) are dedicated to increasing sales and adoption of EBSCO technology enabled products internationally through field sales engineering, customer satisfaction driven creative technical solutions, delivering customer input directly into the software development lifecycle, and technology partnership management. The LSE is the primary technical advisor and product advocate for the regional Sales team and most important customers, responsible for UI customizations and extensions, API integration, and small app development.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in a library technology role. The LSE must be comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer and product base as well as working in the sales process. They must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails and RFIs/RFPs. They are organized and analytical and able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive technical approaches.
The individual in this position can work remotely in the United States, but should be able to travel frequently to the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions.
- Regional authoritative expert on technology aspects of EBSCO’s Software as a Service (SaaS) platform functionality, competition, and trends.
- Conduct pre-sales presentations (to small and large audiences) and clear written responses to Requests for Proposal (RFP) or related inquiries.
- Create and manage demos, prototypes, and documentation (e.g. app instructions, regular status updates to management).
- Establish strong relationships with Sales & Customer Support teams and customer staff; supporting the evaluation/trial process, post-sale support to specific accounts, troubleshooting, and resolving customer specific advanced technical issues.
- Contribute to the app development process with varying levels of: customer requirements definition, coding, testing, documentation, and management.
- Collect feedback from the field, synthesize, analyze and channel to Product Management
- Positive Attitude
- Good Judgement
- Open Communication
- Desire to Make an Impact
- Eager to Understand
- Team Player
- B.S. in Library Science, Computer Science, or a related field. / Four (4) year college/university degree.
- Minimum two (2) years of progressive experience in either System Librarianship, Electronic Resources Management Librarianship, Web Librarianship, or related field.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience and excellence in presenting as well as written communication describing details for technology, Internet, or software application products to internal and external audiences and various levels of management.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience administrating EBSCO database products.
- Experience providing direct customer service preferably in a library setting.
- A level of technological acumen that will enable the ability to identify root causes of technical issues as well as to provide solutions under resource and time constraints.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently while maintaining team involvement, organized and detail oriented, strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to travel approximately 50% within to regional and international locations: customer sites, conferences, and focus groups.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- MLIS degree or equivalent
- Two (2) plus years of experience managing discovery systems, link resolvers, and/or integrated library systems.
- Experience programming with APIs.
- Experience working on a remote team
How to apply
Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist
Published: Saturday, October 23, 2021 17:22 UTC
Last updated: Saturday, October 23, 2021 17:22 UTC