LAC Group is seeking a Metadata Librarian to support the creation, extraction, transformation, and management of metadata for multiple catalogs and repositories for a federal agency in Washington D.C. Metadata consists of descriptive, administrative, and structural metadata standards using Dublin Core and MARC schema among others. The Librarian will work under the direction of senior library staff to catalog and describe physical and electronic objects. The Librarian will work with specialists in developing and maintaining taxonomies and thesauri in accordance with recognized standards and schema and will support digital object management workflows.
- Create, transform, update, and maintain metadata files for physical and digital objectives
- Create and maintain local authority files
- Participate in taxonomy/ontology development by recommending new technicals, term, or revisions to existing terms
- Ensure all digital objects are compliant with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act, including the 2018 Information Communication Technology refresh.
- 4+ years of experience providing services comparable to those above
- Master’s Degree in Library/Information Science (MLS) from a university accredited by the American Library Association (ALA)
- Knowledge of MARC, Dublin Core, and experience with locally developed vocabularies and taxonomies
- Candidates must be able to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021, for consideration
How to apply
Published: Saturday, October 23, 2021 17:21 UTC
Last updated: Saturday, October 23, 2021 17:21 UTC