LAC Group seeks a Digital Librarian to support the NASA Heliophysics Digital Resource Library (HDRL) which maintains and serves observational, research-based, and model data; documentation; software; models; and other digital resources. The ideal candidate will help manage, maintain, and upgrade this infrastructure with the goal of providing easier access to digital resources. Candidates should be forward-thinking with an interest in both fleshing out and maintaining resources and pushing the limits of what is possible in accelerating Heliophysics research across the community. This is a full-time, benefited contract position.
- Augment and maintain a standards-based registry of HDRL resources. Assure that all HDRL resources have appropriate DOIs and other PIDs. Work to make these useful to the community and to HQ.
- Assist in making all digital resources widely known and easily discoverable and accessible; this involves a variety of skills, including interactive web page design and publicizing regular notices of HDRL capabilities and services.
- Coordinate work on databases and semantic technologies and/or related technologies for greatly accelerating and improving discovery and use of digital resources.
- Oversee streamlining and automating (as possible) the system for registering and using digital resource metadata.
- Assist in curating digital resources, recommending technological refreshes as needed.
- Master’s degree in digital library science, or equivalent experience in a library setting
- Experience providing digital resources to a diverse audience
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative and culturally diverse environment.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and teamwork skills complemented by the ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to pass a background check
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, October 19, 2021 13:43 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, October 19, 2021 13:43 UTC