Dryad (datadryad.org) is looking for a Data Curator with the skills and perspectives that complement our existing team and shares our enthusiasm for building a researcher-led, values-driven, fully curated, open research data repository.
Dryad Data Curators will review metadata and data files to ensure compliance with our curation standards, track review processes through the data curation lifecycle and correspond with researchers as needed. They will work with other members of the Dryad curation team to ensure standards are consistently met, and datasets are processed in a timely and professional manner.
Below are specific job qualifications:
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience working with data in either a research or curation capacity (quantitative and qualitative)
- General experience working with software packages, both open source and proprietary
- Comfortable working with a variety of data types from diverse domains
- Awareness of good data and metadata practices
- Customer-service orientation with excellent written and real-time communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and excellent time management skills
- Able to work virtually with a fully distributed team
- Strong willingness to learn new skills
- Experience working with researchers in a lab, library, publishing and/or institutional capacity
Our team values a learning mindset and strives to be always improving and evolving ourselves and our methodologies, being receptive to feedback, responsive, curious, and willing to learn.
Learn more at: https://blog.datadryad.org/jobs/
Last updated: Tuesday, October 12, 2021 23:15 UTC