The Systems & Technology Librarian, under general supervision, will provide support for library systems, provide leadership in the implementation of new and emerging technologies within the library, and serve as the liaison to the Office of Information Technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Research, evaluate, recommend, test, and implement new technologies.
- Plan, develop, troubleshoot, and coordinate digital tools, software and other library technology.
- Maintain knowledge of, and engage in, continuous professional development to keep up with trends in emerging technologies, digital tools, and software solutions.
- Develop strategies for collaboration, program planning, and support for interdisciplinary digital projects and initiatives.
- Maintain and update EZProxy to ensure off campus access to digital resources.
- Maintain the library services platform.
- Provide systems support for all library systems, software, and technology.
- Create content and maintain the library’s website.
- Serve as a liaison to the Office of Information Technology and other academic departments.
- Attend meetings, participate in special projects and serve on committees relating to the library, the University, and consortia.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Education – Master’s degree in Library Science or equivalent degree from an ALA-accredited institution.
- Experience -Two years of related experience
- Demonstrated working knowledge of information technology principles, processes, systems and standards, including operating systems, systems security, wireless networking, and digital initiatives and emerging web technologies.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience leading projects or implementing new technologies, preferably in an academic library environment.
- Experience managing and/or implementing a library services platform.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
Review of applications will be November 1, 2021. The application will remain open until the position is filled.
How to apply
Published: Friday, October 8, 2021 19:11 UTC
Last updated: Friday, October 8, 2021 19:11 UTC