LAC Group seeks a Collections Catalog Systems Administrator for a research museum near Columbus, OH. The Administrator will be responsible for managing use, implementation and development of the library, archives, and museum collections catalog software, data, and information. The Administrator will report to the Manager of Digital Services and lend their expertise for planning and supporting catalog and discovery services. Additionally, they will work collaboratively with other managers and team members to contribute to projects in support of the organization’s strategic plan. This is a full-time position.
- Manage the library, archives and museum catalogs, including maintenance, development, statistical reporting, and procedural documentation.
- Manage relationships with catalog software vendors.
- Develop and maintain custom public user interface for all catalogs, including integrated discovery layer.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to appropriately implement coordinated cataloging efforts across the organization, including managing and communicating priorities and expectations.
- Increase information access and use by the general public through data integration across catalogs, data sources and other web platforms
- Work collaboratively with other departments to develop and implement efficiencies in technology use and workflow related to batch loads, data normalization and other bibliographic maintenance
- Performs analysis and manipulation of metadata utilizing one or more of the following: MarcEdit, OpenRefine, Python, XSLT, etc.
- Supports initiatives to improve metadata to reflect inclusive, socially-just terminology
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field required. Master’s in Library/Information Science with an emphasis on information management is strongly preferred.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience managing catalogs and/or databases, preferably in a library, archives or museum setting, and/or integrated library systems
- Proficient in one or more of the following collection management systems preferred: CollectionSpace, ArchivesSpace, WorldShare Management System, Mukurtu, Preservica
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles and best practices in cataloging and descriptive metadata utilizing one or more of the following standards: MARC, Dublin Core, Library of Congress, Chenhall, Art and Architecture Thesaurus (AAT)
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IS systems and their specifications
- Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software/applications/products)
How to apply
Published: Thursday, October 7, 2021 15:55 UTC
Last updated: Thursday, October 7, 2021 15:55 UTC