ORCID is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic professional for the position of QA Automation Engineer. If you like the flexibility of a remote organization and the public-service orientation of a non-profit, join us on our mission to connect research and researchers!
Who We Are
ORCID is a mission-driven, member-supported, community-governed non-profit organization. Our vision is a world where all who participate in research, scholarship, and innovation are uniquely identified and connected to their contributions across disciplines, borders, and time. Every one of ORCID’s employees is committed to that vision as well.
We believe in and operate by our three main values [read our Dignity at Work statement]. ORCID strives to be:
- Inclusive: We make decisions collaboratively, involving our staff, Board, those who support our mission, and the researchers and community that are the purpose of our work. We take a global view.
- Trusted: Privacy and researcher control underscores everything we do.
- Open: Our work is open, transparent, and non-proprietary.
To Apply: Please submit your application through our Bamboo portal, including a resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please tell us the name of your favorite plant and why. ORCID encourages applicants who meet some, but not all of the requirements and qualifications, to apply.
ORCID is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated QA Automation Engineer to join our development team, working alongside our QA Lead to take our processes and practices to the next level and achieve extensive end-to-end test coverage across our systems. The role is mainly focussed on automated testing, but will cover the full QA function including some manual QA, documentation, training of staff members and tier 2 support. Our web applications use Angular on the frontend, Java for the backend, with Postgres and MongoDB databases.
This position is full time (40 hours/week) and, like all positions at ORCID, is fully remote. Candidates must be able to work during Europe or Americas standard business hours (Mon-Fri) with at least four hours daily between 1200-2000 UTC, with recurring meetings at 1500 UTC. Outside of these parameters, ORCID offers flexibility with your schedule.
- Write automated tests that drive web-based UIs and APIs
- Analyse and triage test results, and create bug reports
- Support other team members to become proficient in automated test writing
- Create and execute testing plans for ORCID products
- Identify and report system bugs and other flaws
- Research, document, respond to and prioritize bug reports
- Analyze and write test standards and procedures
- Work with the product team to understand desired functionality, acceptance criteria, complexities and risks
- Help manage the software lifecycle, including finding the correct balance between risk and software development velocity
Tier 2 support
- Provide technical support (tier 2) for escalated API integration issues
- Provide technical support (tier 2) for escalated user support tickets
- Monitor API Users Group, making sure questions are answered and community feedback is transmitted internally
Documentation and training
- Manage staff training on new Registry and API features
- Technical API documentation
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- 3-5+ years experience in test automation
- Experience with test automation frameworks, e.g. Cypress
- Ability to work in an agile environment
- Experience with Behaviour Driven Development tools and methodologies
- Ability to communicate clearly, accurately and respectfully on complex issues, including listening actively to others
- Experience extracting actionable recommendations from feedback and data
- Motivated and results-driven, with a high-level of energy, enthusiasm, and initiative
- Fluency in additional languages
- Experience working remotely
- Experience working in the research community
- Experience with performance and/or security testing
As a global, 100% remote organization, ORCID is able to find the best and brightest minds in the industry. Our team includes individuals with broad and diverse backgrounds who are globally distributed. We are fluent in many languages, and we all have an innate tech savviness which helps guide our product development, support, and customer experience.
We recently formed a committee of dedicated team members who meet regularly to ensure our global diversity, equity, and inclusion needs are being met, addressed, and amplified. As a fully remote organization, we also have an active committee dedicated to making our individual remote experiences as positive and productive as possible.
Although we are geographically diverse, we are a small, cohesive community of thinkers and doers committed to excellence and to each other.
A family-friendly, flexible working environment, including:
- Flexible work hours and the ability to work fully from home (when not travelling)
- A committed and awesome team serving a community-driven organization
- Competitive compensation & benefits, plus an ORCID-wide closure (day off) the first Friday of each month
- A continuous learning environment with opportunities for training & professional development
- Tools to support our virtual office environment, including a budget to choose your preferred laptop and a remote working stipend
How to apply
To Apply: Please submit your application through the url provided, including a resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please tell us the name of your favorite plant and why. ORCID encourages applicants who meet some, but not all of the requirements and qualifications, to apply.
Published: Tuesday, September 14, 2021 17:39 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, September 14, 2021 17:39 UTC