Under the direction of the Director of Research and Instruction within Library Services, the Instructional Technologist provides expert guidance in the application of instructional technologies and acts as a point of contact, collaboration, and outreach for teaching and learning with technologies. The technologist serves as the primary administrator for the learning management system (LMS). The person in this role will establish processes for regular assessment of learning technologies in consultation with stakeholders and make recommendations according to industry standards and trends, with a particular emphasis on the accessibility of the college’s systems.
- Manages and maintains all aspects of the learning management system, including compliance and yearly tasks, requests for new integrations, and campus-wide communications tied to regular updates, training, and best practices for the LMS.
- Builds and maintains relationships with campus stakeholders, including students, faculty, and staff. Creates spaces for discussion and exploration of technologies, provides modeling and expertise for use of technologies.
- Serves as primary or collaborative support contact, both pedagogical and practical, for assigned academic technology systems, including, but not limited to, Moodle, Echo360, and Domain of One’s Own. May provide additional support for Google Suite and Classroom, and a variety of library systems.
- Creates and maintains both internal and external documentation, policies and procedures, and assessment plans related to technologies.
- Remains current with developments in relevant professional areas and innovative teaching trends, with an eye toward providing outreach related to teaching and learning with technology, including introduction of new tools or systems, their pedagogical applications, and participation with an advisory group for the LMS and other related technologies
- Initiate and contribute to library and campus-wide efforts to gather data, engage stakeholders, review structures, systems, and practices, for bias and inequity and take action based on findings.
Last updated: Friday, September 3, 2021 16:05 UTC