As our Data Architect, you will report to our Research Officer and will work with architects, data engineers, web developers, and subject matter experts to support the many Research Division websites such as (e.g., FRED, Research homepage, and FRASER) following our Agile software development practices. You also will help design and implement database and storage solutions to meet the unique needs of each application.
- Translate business functions into conceptual, logical and physical data models.
- Build data mappings for new systems and data migration projects. Implement subject area of business functions and publish the models for collaborative development.
- Analyze databases in different aspects such as data integrity, technical debt, data model, security, availability, and performance.
- Work with stakeholders to create a technology roadmap to fix the findings.
- Lead strategic initiatives to design and implement highly performant, available, and integral data platforms. Capture and share best practices across data systems.
- Design and implement distributed database solutions in AWS such as Lambda, Data Pipeline, Casandra, S3, ElastiCache, DynamoDB, Redshift, and the Relational Database Service (RDS).
- Incubate and influence innovative technologies to solve complex database and data processing issues that would revolutionize data management and add value to business areas. Must have hands-on experience in key technologies, methodologies and run POC’s independently.
- Self-directed supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major or specialized courses in Information Technology or commensurate experience
- 10+ years related experience and experience with some combination of the following:
- Designing and delivering cross functional custom reporting solutions
- Implementing Mobile Data Management (MDM)
- Big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Relational SQL and NoSQL databases
- AWS cloud services: EC2, S3, RDS, ElastiCache, etc.
- Time-series database (TSDB)
- AWS Certified Database - Specialty
- Creative in identifying ways to reduce risks to avoid project delays
- Travel (5%)
- All Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless the Bank grants an accommodation based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Pension plan, 401K, Comprehensive Insurance Plans, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Onsite Wellness & Fitness Center, Backup Dependent Care (Child & Adult), and more
Ranked as the #2 Top Workplace in the St. Louis Region in 2020, the Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is committed to building an inclusive workplace, where employees’ diversity—in age, gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, and cultural traditions, religion, life experiences, education and socioeconomic backgrounds—are recognized as a strength. Learn more about the Bank and its culture; check out our Careers Site.
The Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, August 24, 2021 14:48 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, August 24, 2021 14:48 UTC