CLOSING DATE September 7, 2021 complete job description (PDF)
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Head of Library Technology Services, the Systems Analyst-Programmer organizes and carries out activities related to: strategic and operational planning; server, network, and system administration and operation, maintenance, design, evaluation, analysis, monitoring, and improvement; with additional focus on programming and development of key Library platforms including the website, institutional repository, and other customized applications. The incumbent is a liaison between the Library and the broader Carleton community. They perform other related duties.
The incumbent must possess the following qualifications:
• Thorough knowledge of computing technology, Library applications, and a high level of technical expertise in IT, a field of constant change.
• Highly independent, self-directed and have the ability to work with a high degree of accuracy. Able to develop plans and measure their effectiveness.
• Ability to anticipate problems, develop and implement complex and innovative concepts, and pinpoint opportunities and resolutions.
• UNIX and LINUX administration (experience and certification).
• Software development experience, with strong expertise in developing Internet and web client and server applications (cross-browser / platform / devices).
• Experience working in source code management tools (e.g. Git, Subversion)
• Experience with the open source community, philosophy and LAMP tools (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP/Python/Perl).
• Working knowledge of Databases and full-text indexing applications.
• Working knowledge of accessible web layout and design (with application of WCAG and W3C guidelines).
Education and Experience:
The above is normally acquired through the completion of:
• Completion of an honours degree in Computer Science or a related field.
• Eight (8) years of server and network administration-related experience in a diverse and complex IT environment; including experience developing, launching, and administering software applications. Preference would be given for candidates with IT work experience in a post-secondary environment.
How to apply
Cameron Metcalf (he, him, his)
Head, Library Technology Services
- Carleton University
Published: Monday, August 23, 2021 15:04 UTC
Last updated: Monday, August 23, 2021 15:04 UTC